BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 859 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 359759809849857858859860861869909959 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,590 of 10008
    Chapter-Master

My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

not really, one is a guy who in a male dominated profession wore a poor choice of shirt to present a massive scientific breakthrough, and the other is a woman who chose to show herself off.

girls targeted in school dress code violations

[url]http://www.upworthy.com/the-dress-code-says-bra-straps-are-distracting-heres-what-that-says-to-students?c=ufb1[/url]
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    not really, one is a guy who in a male dominated profession wore a poor choice of shirt to present a massive scientific breakthrough, and the other is a woman who chose to show herself off.
    As much as I despise that family's behavior I have to give them credit for finding a way to be filthy rich with no discernible talent.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Sheffield United have changed their mind, and Ched 'Convicted Rapist' Evans will no longer be training with them.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    As much as I despise that family's behavior I have to give them credit for finding a way to be filthy rich with no discernible talent.
    I know what you mean, on the one hand it annoys me that people like this take over the media despite having no talent, and people obsess over them. on the other hand, they knew what they wanted, and they made it happen. sticking my bare *** in a camera is not really my plan to get famous, but it was hers and she did it...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post

girls targeted in school dress code violations

[url]http://www.upworthy.com/the-dress-code-says-bra-straps-are-distracting-heres-what-that-says-to-students?c=ufb1[/url]
    How bad is his shirt? I can't make my mind up what to think about it and all the internet opinion seems to be forthright hyperbole on one side or the other. It strikes me as being rather tacky, tasteless and not befitting his profession but not necessarily offensive. I'm wondering what women think about it.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I think if people pay you X Millions for showing your ***, and you accept it, then hey, it's her choice.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    How bad is his shirt? I can't make my mind up what to think about it and all the internet opinion seems to be forthright hyperbole on one side or the other. It strikes me as being rather tacky, tasteless and not befitting his profession but not necessarily offensive. I'm wondering what women think about it.
    I am not offended by it personally, nothing wrong with owning or wearing a shirt like that in general, it is just inappropriate to wear one for such a big public tv event when representing a field that is so male dominated. young girls/women interested in space based careers see that it is very hard to get in to and can get put off, if they see that one of the leading guys is wearing a shirt like that, it might be what just confirms the decision to stay away. not only are you at a severe disadvantage to get a job in that field purely because of your gender, but the men you work with might be rather chauvinistic too. I am not suggesting for a moment that that guy actually is, but it makes people wonder.

What Kirsten says. Personally, think it was tacky. But when you hear stories of young women scientists who were to give a presentation and the person preparing the power point or whatever put in pictures of scantily clad women as a 'joke' to humiliate her while she gave her presentation or use extremely misogynist and demeaning language towards women in their own presentations and generally just behave appallingly in an effort to drive these women out of the sciences I cna understand why there was so much anger about the shirt.

As to Kim Kardashian people need to learn the difference between a woman displaying and owning her sexuality on her own terms and men objectifying and sexualising women on their terms. I don't care about her one way or the other, but I stoipped actively disliking her when someone pointed out that she turned a gross betrayal of trust (having her sex tape leaked by an ex) into a business empire. No less worthy of time and attention than anyone else in a culture that reverse overgrown boys who kick balls around a field for millions and millions of dollars and get away with rape and extreme domestic violence.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Over the years 15 different women have made accusations against Cosby.