BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 978 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 478878928968976977978979980988 ... LastLast
Results 9,771 to 9,780 of 10008
    Chapter-Master

it is not partisan, pro democrat nonsense to blame republicans.

republicans are the ones who are anti healthcare, anti-abortion, anti-sex education. it is entirely accurate to say that their policies, and their opposition to democrat policies are to blame. we know this because in other countries that have universal healthcare, contraception discussion, quality abortion etc. female mortality rates are low. so it is not bull**** at all, it is clear, evidence based fact.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yes but the point is the mortality rate has increased, not that it is higher in some areas and it's increased for women far more than it has men..
    No argument that they have increased. Too many healthcare professionals repeatedly cited that the US data is more inclusive, comprehensive and/or counted differently from other countries which is why our rates are ridiculously high. Few actually question 'what are we doing wrong!' I personally believe the problem is limited access to healthcare (financially driven) which leads to poor prenatal care and ultimately increased infant/maternal mortality. The US has a well delineated class system that is heavily punitive for the bottom group. Equality is a distant dream in a wealth centric society.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    it is not partisan, pro democrat nonsense to blame republicans.

republicans are the ones who are anti healthcare, anti-abortion, anti-sex education. it is entirely accurate to say that their policies, and their opposition to democrat policies are to blame. we know this because in other countries that have universal healthcare, contraception discussion, quality abortion etc. female mortality rates are low. so it is not bull**** at all, it is clear, evidence based fact.
    But neither party has moved the healthcare needle in the US. When I was a wee lad Republican Regan was pushing Healthcare reform. Democrat Clinton also gave it the old college try and accomplished absolutely nothing. Republican Bush and Bush Jr basically didn't care and now Democrat Obama gave it another college try and even with a complete Democrat majority congress he accomplished almost nothing. Kudos to him for trying though... I fully supported his efforts regardless of the outcome.

Why doesn't it move? Money, pure and simple. The Healthcare industry is a cash cow and Hospitals, Doctors and the Insurance industry universally agree that it is a pay to play system. Can't pay? Go die in the corner because 'you' (read as poor person) add nothing to society. The US system is geared to place a $ value on a person's life and it perfectly equates to how much wealth you have.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yes but the point is the mortality rate has increased, not that it is higher in some areas and it's increased for women far more than it has men..
    Are those convergent or divergent?

Chapter-Master

[url]http://www.cracked.com/article_22142_5-badass-facts-about-women-that-history-books-leave-out.html[/url]

Especially like the part about Female samurai as I have wanted to do a female japanese historical samurai army in ages.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

After reflecting on it, to be fair to democrats they have at least tried to improve healthcare.

[url]http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-03-06/supreme-court-can-t-save-obamacare?cmpid=yhoo[/url]

Unfortunately my fellow Americans are just too damn stupid and self absorbed to even realize there's an actual problem.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

'my fellow americans' always makes me think of George Bush in Dead Ringers

Chapter-Master

That is great!
    My Truescale Insanity

Brother-Captain

With abortions, the earlier you can do it the safer it is for the mother. So anything that makes it more time consuming/arduous to get one is going to have an impact on the rate of complications. The only question is how strong that impact is.

If a woman wants an abortion, the safest thing is to let her get a medically supervised one as fast as possible from a local doctor/clinic, rather than having to travel across states and wait a week and get unnecessary extra procedures first. Or worse, having to order suspicious drugs online because a group of cultists have put so many restrictions in place that she cannot get one done properly.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Chapter-Master

Lebanese TV host mutes a man arguing with her, it is awesome.

Nice. Now if we can just get someone to do that to Piers Morgan and Bill Reilly so their heads pop...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!