BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 782 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 282682732772780781782783784792832882 ... LastLast
Results 7,811 to 7,820 of 10008

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I actually think leaving a young child in a hotel room isn't as terrible a mistake as most people think, unwise in hindsight but how many parents do similar things all the time and get away with it? People are really quick to be judgemental when something goes wrong.
    It's more they left the door open, and admit to having done so.

And I seem to recall (could be wrong) they gave their kids sleeping pills too.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Oh, well yes both those things are bad.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

And then waltz around like they've done absolutley nothing wrong.

Somehow, despite admitting to regular child neglect, social services have let them keep the other sprogs.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I actually think leaving a young child in a hotel room isn't as terrible a mistake as most people think, unwise in hindsight but how many parents do similar things all the time and get away with it? People are really quick to be judgemental when something goes wrong.
    Accidental yes, but no way on this planet I would go out to eat and leave my nippers in a room on their own. I think the McCann parents if guilty of anything were just too naive in thinking their children would be ok left on their own. I see it all the time in the arcade, parents too busy gambling to take too much notice of their child who's just wandered off into the car park, to the beach or worse still for a paddle in the sea. I'm pretty hot on my CCTV so have been able to prevent plenty of potential disasters. But not all of them.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

You see it a lot at Game, parents treat it like a crèche and go off shopping.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Banned

Note that these are very different from what are publicly as signs, even in first aid courses, as those are the symptoms men suffer.

Emma Sulkowicz is on the cover of this month’s New York Magazine. Who is she?

[URL="http://huff.to/1rag7FL"]Columbia University Student Will Drag Her Mattress Around Campus Until Her Rapist Is Gone[/URL]

So, I just want to go into HOW MUCH Columbia and the NYPD has failed, and revictimized, Emma Sulkowitz.

In her school hearing, Sulkowitz ” had to explain to the three administrators on the panel how anal rape worked. She told them she had been hit across the face, choked and pinned down, but, she said, one still seemed confused about how it was possible for someone to penetrate her there without lubricant. Sulkowicz said she had to draw them a diagram.”

"Her best friend was meant to be at the hearing; Sulkowicz had chosen her as her one “supporter.” But her friend was kicked out of that role for talking about the case, according to Sulkowicz, in violation of the university’s confidentiality policy. As punishment, her friend was also put on probation and made to write two reflection papers: one from the perspective of Sulkowicz and another from the accused."

FROM THE PERSPECTIVE
    OF HER FRIEND’S RAPIST

- Two other women at Columbia have accused this guy of sexual assault/rape. But he’s been found not responsible in all instances, and is still on campus

- When she went to the police, one officer said: “”You invited him into your room. That’s not the legal definition of rape.”

- Another officer told her friends, who came with her: ““For every single rape I’ve had, I’ve had 20 that are total bull——,” he added. “It’s also my type of job to get to the truth. If that means being harsh about it, that’s what I do.”

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Saw that UN speech linked via Facebook, but sadly only through clickbait.

Shall watch it when I gets home, as I understand she has some good points.

What's the speech about?

Also that story boggles the mind, I'm hoping that girl is getting support for it to push against that sort of bull.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Feminism and launching the HeForShe solidarity campaign.