BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 975 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 475875925965973974975976977985 ... LastLast
Results 9,741 to 9,750 of 10008
    Banned

Probably the sort of guy who says things like "men not being able to punch women is a 'right'."

Quote Originally Posted by Devlyn77 View Post
    Chicks won't sleep with me. That's not equal. Wimmins have periods and I don't. That's not equal. I've had rejection, that's not equal because I've never rejected a girl. Herpdederpdetwiddlyderpdurrumdederpdeoo. If I haven't got it, clearly nothing is equal.

Last edited by Mr Mystery; 02-28-2015 at 03:21 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

The one thing I fail to understand is why feminism is called feminism in and of itself. It's equal rights. Thus should be called nothing other than "equal rights" and not "feminism".
    Dear Troll,

It's lovely that you think it's our job to educate you, and not your own to educate yourself. Way to give up all the responsibility there while maintaining a smug veneer of aloof intellectualism.

Sadly, your comment is neither original, intelligent, or welcome here - as I'm sure the other three people posting before me have made abundantly clear to you.

But, in the spirit of holding your hand and walking you through it:

"I'm not a feminist, I'm an equalist." They're not an equalist, they're an a**hole. This doesn't bring enlightened impartiality to the problem, it smugly pretends to bring enlightened superiority to the problem while implying that silly women are being distracted from the wider picture by their own selfishness.

Equalists claim we must tackle all bad things everywhere but start by derailing the discussion of even one of them. Entering a centuries-long struggle affecting billions of lives, their opener is, "Heh, let me fix this cute little mistake you made." Even if they had a point, and they really don't, their first priority is branding.

Imagine being on fire, running up to a firefighter screaming for help, and they hook their hands in their pockets and say, "Actually, before we start, I think you should say you're violently oxidizing. Not all oxidization is bad. I mean, some of my cells are performing oxidation right now, and I think it would be better if we ..." Your last act would be to SET THAT PERSON ON FIRE.

Feminism is gendered not because women want to be treated better in the future but because they're being treated worse right now. Insisting on "equalism" means defining yourself by ignoring that fact. As if sexism, street harassment, pay differences, and rape threats affect genders equally. But the only way everyone could be affected equally is if we were conquered by the universe's worst aliens. And should we enter that dark space-future, and you get the job as commander of Babylon 5 with its dozens of alien races, then sure, equalism will be the way to go. But here on Earth we have a gender spectrum with two definite poles, and one of them is clearly treated worse than the other.
    From: [url]http://www.cracked.com/blog/8-a242423oles-who-show-up-every-time-word-feminism-used_p2/[/url]

Now, please be aware that at the moment? You have nothing to say, and you're saying it too loudly. Perhaps read the previous pages in more detail, educate yourself, and come back to join us when you have something useful to say. Otherwise, you need to be quiet when the grown-ups are talking.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Banned

Equalists??

Banned

Relevant:

i wish men understood that when women are talking about feminism and rape culture and sh1t, it’s not just a political conversation. it’s not about being a “social justice warrior” or whatever. it’s about our actual lives being shaped by misogyny since childhood, and the daily reality of living in fear of violence. this isn’t a ****ing game or philosophical debate. this is our ****ing lives.

Chapter-Master

[URL="http://cheezbuckets.tumblr.com/post/112591695024/colt-kun-apparently-at-my-nieces-school-the"]It's almost like they're all distracted[/URL]

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Relevant:
    Yep.

I've had the 'fun' of having to look after a girl friend who got Roofied in the pub once. Thankfully, she's pretty dinky so was easy to carry back to mine, but whoever did it was very casual about it. Nobody had been hanging around her like a bad smell, so they must have been lurking around, ready to 'play the knight' when it was time for her to go home.

That's something women have to risk every time they go for a night out. I don't face that risk (though someone did apparently get the wrong drink one night. My drink was spiked) pretty much ever.

We live in a world where 'dude, short skirt. Blame me?' is an actual documented, and shockingly effective defense.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

an article about rape in India and the horrific, pervasive cultural bias against women. this confirms a lot of what we have said before, these crimes are committed by normal people

[url]http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31698154[/url]
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Occuli Imperator

I read that this morning and hoped someone would post it in here, it is disgusting.

"A girl is far more responsible for rape than a boy,"

Direct quote from attacker, I mean really, I have seen many a pretty person walk past me, or single woman out after 1830 without feeling the need to rape them for it. What sort of sicko does that I mean really.

I do not even have the words.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

yup, it is a major cultural/societal problem, why are women out late? why are women out doing the same stuff men do?
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.