BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 748 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 248648698738746747748749750758798848 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,480 of 10008

Every day I find something to make me estrange myself from the MLP fandom a little more... :P

Princess Diaries 2 was mainly poked at for being woefully unfunny and unsubtle to the worst degree in that video. It also noted how the main character alternates between materialistic excess and pandering, and seemingly being independent and responsible before it's dropped into pandering for a "joke."

I think I'll take the advice on balancing from the end of the video, and start reading Jane Austen novels while watching The Expendables as well. :P
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

BBC Trust to have it's first female chairman/woman/person.

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29001401[/url]
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Don't forget in he US the chance of being killed increased by something like 75% when the woman leaves, so otherwise sensible seeming women being in long term relationships with scumbags happen for a reason. By the time they find out about their boyfriend/husbands habits it can be too late.
    Drug-addiction/dealing (particularly drugs that attract violent dirtbags) are usually fairly obvious to spot. Also, most social services workers have (or should have) a finely tuned intuition when it comes to violent creeps. That's the oddity. I've spent a fair amount of time as a crisis first responder and advocate--you really do get a quick sense of who's dangerous. They give off a definite creep factor (or, in my case, a go-do-something-permanently-painful-to-them factor. But those pesky laws make that a no-no.)

Also, while I saw the website that reported 75% of abused women are killed when they leave an abusive relationship--the site didn't actually site any data to support that number. I'm not doubting it per se, but it seems exceedingly high for the number of abusive relationships out there.
    Da CRIB: Chicago Region Infinity Blog
    http://chicagolandregioninfinityplayersblog.blogspot.com/?m=1

Banned

"Do you think that we haven’t been trying hard enough?"

-

A major trove of celebrity images, some including images alleged to be actress [----] nude, began spreading all over the web and Twitter on Sunday evening.

Early word of the images began spreading on 4Chan earlier in the day, where posters claimed that the images were the result of a hacker intrusion on a number of iCloud accounts and cell phones and that the images included nude celebrities such as [----]
    Some responses to this:

The lengths people will go to to defend gross violations of privacy is disgusting.

Edit: and in regard to such things - [URL="http://susiethemoderator.tumblr.com/post/96311616415/"]how to make sure things aren't being uploaded without your knowledge[/URL].

Also I've seen some interesting commentary over the term "slut shaming" as it has been applied to this event. Some people have been calling the reactions of "well if you didn't want people to see them.." etc as slut shaming, but I've also seen commentary that using the term in such a broad way can be harmful as "slut" is still a slur and like all reclaimed slurs one must be careful when using it so saying a victim is being slut shamed may be un-intentionally hurting them by using a label that is offensive to them.

-

Related:

Last edited by Gotthammer; 09-01-2014 at 01:23 AM.

Chapter-Master

I went to the Renaissance faire dressed as a warrior. I had a real sword with me, too. I was standing (in character) next to a sword-fighting ring, where kids of all ages got the chance to pick up a sword and challenge the champion. Some woman walks by, with her little girl. The girl starts walking towards the ring, saying she wants to fight. But the mom pulled her away hella sharply, and was like, “That’s for boys.” You don’t want to be a BOY, do you?” And the girl looked around and saw me. I think she thought I was a boy; I had my hair in a ponytail, and was wearing a hood. So she comes up to me and asks me, “Do you think girls can be fighters, too?” And her mom looks like she’s silently gloating. Like she thinks I’m going to say no. So I take off my hood, untie my hair so that it flows freely, and kneel before her. And I’m like, “Milady, anyone can be a fighter.” I swear, the look on that mother’s face made my day.
    [URL="http://imsudo.tumblr.com/post/96025770789"]source[/URL]

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/29008876]Thank you perverts, for ensuring further laws are made to be applied to the internet, no doubt leading to yet more basement dwelling twonks to put on their mass produced plastic masks to rail against it, and decry capitalism[/url]
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Good show Apple good show *slow clap*
    also this is why cloud storage doesn't work.
    The only safe place to store these are on a usb/memory card that doesn't travel(so can't be lost) so it's not on your hdd...

This is such an exemplar o male entitlement though. 'We want to see <insert name>'s breasts, breaking the law and violating her privacy is totes understandable in that context'. I really think magazines and websites who publish such images should be charged with knowingl receiving stolen property.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Law in america says a social network isn't responsible for what its users post I believe. It's how FB and twitter can exist.

I was thinking more of the gossipe sites and magazines that make **** like this profitable for people to do. Also need to make things like offering bounties for nude pictures illegal. It won't solve the problem but it will help somewhat.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!