BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 974 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 474874924964972973974975976984 ... LastLast
Results 9,731 to 9,740 of 10008
    Chapter-Master

It does seem typical of our school system that punishes the victim instead/as well as the bully.
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 02-27-2015 at 03:37 AM.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Yup, and the same happens with the justice system when you up in age and seriousness. Until the systems that are in place adequately protect girls and women girls and women have to be prepared to resort to violence sometimes to defend themselves.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

[URL="http://abc7chicago.com/news/woman-ordered-to-write--to-man-who-beat-her/521822/"]A woman who was brutally beaten by her ex-fiance has been ordered to write letters to the man.[/URL]

Natalie Allman, 29, was left with her throat slashed and bruises on her face.

But in her town in England, a judge ruled that she must stay in contact with her ex and send him letters and pictures of their children.

If she doesn't, she could go to jail for contempt of court.

Allman was ordered to send her ex three letters a year, updating him on their twin sons, even though the brutal attack happened in front of the children.

She's also been ordered to save the letters he's writing to the boys.

That's disgusting.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I'm sure a third party could keep him informed of his sons growth etc, such as the childrens grandparents.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

This is such a good video. People don't seem to realise that not treating rape victims like they are lying is NOT abandoning presumption of innocence, it's no different to how we treat the victims of every other ****ing crime.

Chapter-Master

[URL=http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/KirstenIGMB/media/tomb_zps3tjr84rk.jpg.html][/URL]
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    A little part of me hopes she writes a letter three times a year simply containing the words, "f*ck you."

Also those 16 Anti-Suffragette posters are worryingly similar to MRAs today. :/
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Most people know what Feminism is. Equal rights between gender, that's it. Further than that, women have or have exceed men in rights. It's very plain if you look at social interactions. Women have equal to or more rights then males.

Now, I'm not discarding that there are sexists. Son men are, and always will be sexist. Likewise, some women will be sexist and always will be sexist. Each gender is sexist to some degree and yet men are targeted as the "more sexist" gender. I disagree with that honestly, I've had (or have seen) enough encounters of either or both genders being sexist.

The one thing I fail to understand is why feminism is called feminism in and of itself. It's equal rights. Thus should be called nothing other than "equal rights" and not "feminism".

As for the "misunderstanding" of feminism. This stems from militant extremists devoted to the cause of female equality to the point of yelling at or even to savagely beating men in gangs of crazed females for no reason. That is why it has a bad reputation. And will always have a bad reputation.

In short, there will always be sexists of either gender, get over it, and suck it up. Feminism will always be in a bad light, because the militant (and oft violent) extremists take the spotlight. Women have equal to or greater than in amounts of rights, hence why men may get aggravated qt the subject. And the term "feminism" is in itself sexist and should be reverted to "equal rights" that again women have already, but still continue to victimize themselves to date. Just reality checking that and saying the blunt truth.

Brother-Captain

Dear troll: women are not yet equal to men. Please read the preceding 973 pages of thread for proof. Also, please link the evidence of women 'savagely beating men in gangs of crazed females for no reason' because I have never seen this. I have seen media reports of gangs of indian women beating male rapists! I would not call this 'no reason', nor would I call it common, especially since those incidents are far less common than the gangs of men raping and murdering women, in the same country. Nor have I heard it happening outside of india although it does seem possible. Rare, but I'm sure it happens occasionally elsewhere too.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams