BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 567 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 67467517557565566567568569577617667 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,670 of 10008
    Chapter-Master

17 lies we need to stop telling girls about sex

[url]http://www.policymic.com/articles/88029/17-lies-we-need-to-stop-teaching-girls-about-sex[/url]
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Brother-Captain

Agreed with that list. It is a serious issue with society when a 25 year old has to ask her doctor to clarify stuff about virginity and the hymen, because pap smears are for women who "are older than 18 and have had sexual intercourse". That is possibly the most awkward and embarrassing medical conversation I've ever had to have, and the doctor didn't seem terribly comfortable with it either. (I'm putting most of that down to it being unexpected and not knowing the answer off the top of her head, less so due to the topic itself, mind.)

Incidentally apparently I have to go **** someone with a biological penis to qualify for a free pap smear. Or lie. Lying tends to be what lesbians do. *rolls eyes*
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLdElcv5qqc[/url]

Not sure what Daniel Craig is doing in a White House ad (not that I don't like Daniel Craig), but I like how this ad is presented as men dealing with a men's problem.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post

Incidentally apparently I have to go **** someone with a biological penis to qualify for a free pap smear. Or lie. Lying tends to be what lesbians do. *rolls eyes*
    Seriously?
    So are they saying lesbians are immune to cervical cancer?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Upcoming documentary on sexism and the interwebs.

BBC2 I think. Kirsty Wark is presenting. Likely worth a watch.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Wow. I've just returned from a small time away and it seems I used a word in a way that caused a lot of debate.
    I said "strident"
    E.G.
    I meant it not as a put down, but an observation.
    You know, I hope, by now that I agree wholeheartedly with the FACT that women are a globally disempowered gender.
    I likewise agree that there is such a plethora of evidence to back that up that you would have to be willingly blind to ignore it.
    However (and I know this is going to cause contention, but by now you may have noticed I have no issue with doing so) in the past few weeks you have made remarks which I initially believed, enough to be so outraged that I went looking for answers, about the rate of female mortality and male violence.
    The statements shocked, but I genuinely believed them.
    Then I fact checked.
    That is, in my eyes at least, the best way in which someone can alienate people when their cause is just.
    And let's be clear, the cause is extremely just.
    Globally women's rights are a joke. You just have to read a few of China, India or Russia's laws and Legal histories to know that a statistical majority of women globally are ACTIVELY oppressed by standing governments.
    You need only read the news to see evident signs of male privilege everywhere.
    So when someone who has opened my eyes to the scope of it over the last year and I have grown to respect a great deal tells me "the leading cause of female death globally is men", I went looking to see why no-one was doing anything!
    And well, yeah, heart disease.

adjective: strident
    presenting a point of view, especially a controversial one, in an excessively forceful way.

I meant no disrespect, as I said this thread has really helped me come to terms with the real state of global gender inequality, and you (and others) have been the driving force behind it.
    But that one moment combined with a shift of tone, one I might add which you and Gott have most eloquently defended, led me to make comment on that change in tone and method of argument.
    So, to be clear;
    Global culture of misogyny, very real and evident.
    Everyone should be outraged.
    People should shout, and scream, and take to the streets.
    I'd say that's pretty damn proportional.
    Just so long as you get angry about what IS happening.
    It's not like there isn't enough of it to be angry about.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

[URL="http://kellysue.tumblr.com/post/84320752795/wildcard47"]Source[/URL]

Not ****ing impressed, expected better of Disney.

[URL="http://albinwonderland.com/post/84267458607/thisfeliciaday-ricktimus-neil-degrasse-tyson"]*fistbumps Neil deGrasse Tyson*[/URL]
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Seriously?
    So are they saying lesbians are immune to cervical cancer?
    I guess they decided that lesbian can't get STDs and (ignoring the fact that HPV is easily acquired in nonsexual ways) are therefore immune? That, or they think that all lesbians have 'experimented' with men anyway. Although I suspect the real reason is that when male politicians think of sex they think of penile penetration and when they think of homosexuals they think of gay men and it simply never occurred to them that the phrasing manages to exclude lesbians.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

[URL="http://itswalky.tumblr.com/post/84326656358/trinandtonic-krisstraub-if-there-was-a"]Source[/URL]
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

More pages back then I can remember somebody posted the case of the Montana teacher who raped a 14-year old student and received a one-month sentence. [url=http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/04/30/1295852/-Montana-Supreme-Court-overturns-30-day-rape-sentence?detail=facebook#]The Montana Supreme Court has overturned that sentence[/url] and remanded for a different judge to hand down a different sentence, and a review board has recommended disciplinary action against the original judge.