BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 889 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 389789839879887888889890891899939989 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,890 of 10008
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    @40K-G - yeah part of the pointedness is in a way if you sugar coat things "yes not all men do this only the really bad ones and we know you guys are cool but..." it removes the room for self analysis. If I say men are garbage because- you'll likely say "I don't do that!" which is great! But maybe you do actually do that thing, or something like it. As you say perception is key, and if you perceive yourself as a good person and I only say bad people do a thing you're obviously going to automatically discount the possibility you do the thing.
    If there is one thing this world needs it is an increase in self awareness and our ability to self analyze objectively. Bad behavioral traits are honestly so prevalent in the male population that they pass for 'normal'.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    And to answer your question absolutely. As to the mechanics of it a physical sexual response can be elicited from stimulus even when not mentally enjoying it (this applies to men and women and can lead to great unpleasantness with the conflict of knowing you didn't enjoy it but having the physical response [and society's views on that] telling you you "really enjoyed it").
    Damn. I guess the best option is to remove both of these individuals from the company. Some decisions I would truly prefer to delegate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Well for men calling the police can be an extremely humiliating experience, largely because there is a belief that men always want sex so can't be raped or can always overpower the woman so can't be raped. So if you ARE raped, there must be something wrong with you. It's a deeply despicable and misogynist notion of course, effectively punishing men because rape 'only happens to women' because men are too strong to be raped.

Women often don't call the police because then their entire lives and characters will be gone over with a fined toothed comb and they will be humiliated and re-traumatised and all for only the most marginal chances of seeing justice.
    Sex crimes sure do suck. It's a no win situation.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post

Damn. I guess the best option is to remove both of these individuals from the company. Some decisions I would truly prefer to delegate.
    possibly for the company, not for the individual that feels a victim.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Bad behavioral traits are honestly so prevalent in the male population that they pass for 'normal'.
    I couldnt agree more and thank yog I'm not normal! A lot of males do seem to have sociopathic traits. Scary world we live in really.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Manslation: My manly feelings are hurt.

Manslation: I knew my ignorant anti-feminist bull**** wouldn't be tolerated and I'm such a narcissistic cretin that I think my presence was needed for discussion to take place and the thousands of posts discussing feminism. in variious iterations of the feminism topic somehow didn't take place

Manslation: People are mean to me when I start spewing ignorant nonsense about things I don't understand and don't experience, and my complete lack of self awareness and intelligence leads me to blame others for this. I'm also going to claim that somehow I can get to speak as to what does or does not do feminism any favours, which I define as feminism presented in a way that I feel comfortable with.

Manslation:

Typical anti-feminist tactic, can't refute the facts because they are irrefutable, focus on tone-policing instead. You don'tget to come into this topic, speak anti-feminist nonsense and then take the moral highground when called out on your idiocy.

- - - Updated - - -

Nearly 10,000 replies in both feminism topics, I will not take any nonsense from anyone who dares to claim 'discussion is a waste of time' or any of that nonsense. If YOU can't engage in a discussion about feminism without being 'abused' then YOU are the problem, not feminists, and certainly not here on BoLS.
    Thanks for making my point.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    possibly for the company, not for the individual that feels a victim.
    Nothing more to do as they work specifically together in a highly specialized closed project group with nontransferable skills. Truly impossible to keep both and simply can't justify picking one over the other due to a lack of objective evidence. All around a true no win situation for everyone involved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I couldnt agree more and thank yog I'm not normal! A lot of males do seem to have sociopathic traits. Scary world we live in really.
    The result of long term peer pressure and group think conditioning us to favor certain behaviors.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by The_Gonk View Post
    Thanks for making my point.
    What was your point, actually? Because you did a whole lot of typing but not an awful lot of actual, coherent point-making.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

Nothing more to do as they work specifically together in a highly specialized closed project group with nontransferable skills. Truly impossible to keep both and simply can't justify picking one over the other due to a lack of objective evidence. All around a true no win situation for everyone involved.
    That really kinda sucks. I'm going to make an assumption here thats why you don't go to the work xmas party?

Chapter-Master

That really kinda sucks. I'm going to make an assumption here thats why you don't go to the work xmas party?
    Safe bet! I'm actually ducking two parties this weekend. This happened while they were on a business trip to the UK which makes it infinitely harder to address.
    My Truescale Insanity

Chapter-Master

oh dear, extra complications...

Chapter-Master

oh dear, extra complications...
    This is definitely going to end badly. I truly hate dealing with lawyers, the way they spin, duck and weave always leaves me feeling dirty.

The moral of this story for both the ladies and the gents is 'when something bad happens, call the damn police.' Cause if you don't, there's a good chance nothing can be done to help later. Plus you have got to be careful when you're out in the world.
    My Truescale Insanity