BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 539 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 39439489529537538539540541549589639 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,390 of 10008

[url=https://witness.theguardian.com/assignment/5342a1fbe4b0df184c45a9f0?INTCMP=mic_232797]Interesting article on The Guardian's website[/url]

Men and young lads explain their choice female literary hero.

Haven't read all of it yet, but defo worth a share.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Alanna of Trebond, Cimorene of Linderwall, Keladry of Mindelan, and Honor Harrington have been my most influential literary heroes since like, fifth grade.

Banned

A man in the grocery store line today approached me and said, “Sir, when I first saw you I was extremely attracted to you, but then I noticed that you are a boy. How… I mean, why do you dress so provocatively?”

I responded, “Well, in today’s world the majority of the straight male race view women as objects, or something that belongs to them. I dress provocatively because it attracts the attention of men in a sexual and OBJECTIVE way. However, when realized that I am actually male, they often become confused, disgusted, upset or all of the above. By inflicting this minor emotional damaged upon the ego of a man raised by twisted societal gender norms, maybe, just maybe the individual will think twice before viewing another woman with an objective attitude and sense of belonging. No woman, belongs to ANYONE. Male or female, the equality of human beings needs to be a priority. It is something worth dressing up for.”

I AM NOT KIDDING. The woman behind me, the female cashier, the old lady bagging groceries and the woman in front of me who was talking on the phone STOPPED, …. and proceeded to gasp and clap. The man shook my hand, told me to have a blessed day and then said, “excuse me ladies, I need to visit my daughter.”

…. I was shaking by the time I walked out of the store.

- Elliott Alexzander

Chapter-Master

wow
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Brother-Captain

Unsurprisingly this foul being has deleted their twitter, but WHAT THE HELL.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Chapter-Master

with that outlook possibly not only if you say no...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

What is wrong with him?!

The untermensch really do exist don't they.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Despite the lefts claim to the contrary people like this are doing their best to prove otherwise.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Also seriously, I've just noticed the knife in the hand. Nob.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

His views aren't rare, it is the foundation of rape culture which as we've discussed before leads to 1 in 4 women being sexually assaulted in their lifetime and a criminal system which ultimately doesn't take it seriously.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!