BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 742 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 242642692732740741742743744752792842 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,420 of 10008
    Chapter-Master

after reports have come out about horrific sustained abuse suffered by 1,400 children in Rotherham, misogyny is shown loud and clear in the police force. 157 reports made to the police in 2013 alone regarding child sexual exploitation. girls as young as 11 and 12 being dismissed by the police as knowing what they were doing, and even being arrested for prostitution after being gang raped. this is what society does to people, acts that we find horrific and deplorable get dismissed on a daily basis because of the way society is geared around men and the domination of women.

a man who learned what was happening to his daughter went to the house where she was being used, and police arrested him for causing a disturbance. a 12 year old girl who was given alcohol and abused was prosecuted by police for drunk and disorderly behaviour when she went to make a complaint afterwards.
    Last edited by Kirsten; 08-27-2014 at 10:25 AM.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLo97Bu8Fo0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLo97Bu8Fo0[/URL]

The comments section on this is whittling my will to not start a genocide, but the video itself is an excellent viewpoint on the world.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    COme oooooon Ghostbuster Bikini's!!!!! :P
    Lol, I'm rather hoping they cast Melissa McCarthy. Whilst not your typical "Hollywood" eye candy, she is brilliantly funny. Rather pretty too.
    Last edited by Deadlift; 08-27-2014 at 04:07 PM.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

After having spent the last two hours on the comments section of that YouTube video, I think I'm starting to get it, and by "it" I mean a migraine.

It's amazing finding people like that, and incredibly worrying. Look for the Yurippe avatar in the top comments, but tbh I think it'll only anger people here. There's a profound amount of dogmatic ignorance that's effectively culminated in the people saying that if girls don't bring self-defense weapons, then it's their fault.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    after reports have come out about horrific sustained abuse suffered by 1,400 children in Rotherham, misogyny is shown loud and clear in the police force. 157 reports made to the police in 2013 alone regarding child sexual exploitation. girls as young as 11 and 12 being dismissed by the police as knowing what they were doing, and even being arrested for prostitution after being gang raped. this is what society does to people, acts that we find horrific and deplorable get dismissed on a daily basis because of the way society is geared around men and the domination of women.

a man who learned what was happening to his daughter went to the house where she was being used, and police arrested him for causing a disturbance. a 12 year old girl who was given alcohol and abused was prosecuted by police for drunk and disorderly behaviour when she went to make a complaint afterwards.
    This is disturbing on more levels than I think I could easily count.
    Da CRIB: Chicago Region Infinity Blog
    http://chicagolandregioninfinityplayersblog.blogspot.com/?m=1

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    After having spent the last two hours on the comments section of that YouTube video, I think I'm starting to get it, and by "it" I mean a migraine.

It's amazing finding people like that, and incredibly worrying. Look for the Yurippe avatar in the top comments, but tbh I think it'll only anger people here. There's a profound amount of dogmatic ignorance that's effectively culminated in the people saying that if girls don't bring self-defense weapons, then it's their fault.
    This is why feminists get so angry. Remember that these aren't just on the internet, these are real people interacting with other men and reinforcing each others opinions in day to day conversation AND interacting and in many cases raising women/girls. This is what we mean when we talk about cultural misogyny, and these are just the people dumb enough to spout stupid ideas on the internet nevermind all the normal men and women who have internalised deeply misogynist concepts without realising it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Still just a rumour and not confirmed.
    Bridesmaids was pretty funny though so if it happens it could be good.
    Doesn't matter, the point is it prompted a ridiculous misogynist backlash because men feel threatened by women gaining more representation.

Horrifying, but sadly nt unexpected.

[URL="http://womensenews.org/story/equalitywomen%E2%80%99s-rights/140703/sexist-taunts-in-japan-hit-fertility-nerve"]Sexist heckling in Japanese Parliament, hecklers go unpunished[/URL].
    Last edited by eldargal; 08-28-2014 at 12:12 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Rotherham abuse
    Unfortunately 1400 is a conservative estimate the actual number is assumed to be much higher. Unfortunately this is a direct result of result of PC culture and fear of being labelled racist. It is a contributing reason to UKIPs success in the town and previously the BNPs.
    And while there are victims out there that need support, and criminals that need apprehending, local radio is currently parading any local politician they can get and trying to get answers while they sit waffling trying to explain why it isn't their fault and trying to justify their own exsistence.
    The PCC is the biggest example of someone in an untenable position (he previously ran child services in Rotherham for about seven years of the report.) And now is in charge of policing budget and direction in south yorkshire (£85k/year) with no way to sack him for another three years (well done cameron and co).
    They have just had someone described as "an asian community leader" on the radio who said it was well known in the community it was happening, but couldn't answer the question of "why didn't they go to the police?"
    Thirty labour councillors were apparently briefed about this in a meeting at Rotherham council and nothing was done (I think it was implied that these are still all councillors at this time as its being asked if they should resign.)

[URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/radiosheffield"]If you want to hear the things you won't hear on wider news.[/URL]
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 08-28-2014 at 02:41 AM.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

*update*

Rotherham councillor still sticks head in sand and tweets that "it has nothing to do with race" which basically contradicts the underlying conclusion of the newly released report.

post edit

MP for Bassetlow(neighbouring area) to request police investigation by neutral force into "misconduct in public office". States the council "needs clearing out".
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 08-28-2014 at 02:53 AM.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    This is why feminists get so angry. Remember that these aren't just on the internet, these are real people interacting with other men and reinforcing each others opinions in day to day conversation AND interacting and in many cases raising women/girls. This is what we mean when we talk about cultural misogyny, and these are just the people dumb enough to spout stupid ideas on the internet nevermind all the normal men and women who have internalised deeply misogynist concepts without realising it.
    I'd like to apologise for being a douche earlier and trying to defend men. Or at least, the small minority I know who are decent people. The ones I've dredged up with that comment thread are utterly reprehensible.

Also interestingly, almost solely American. Correlation does not imply causation, however.

It's understandable, it's hard to see discrimination when you don't experience it. No one starts off as perfectly aware of this stuff, even feminists have to wake up to their own internalised misogyny and other biases and not all do (see Mainstream White Feminists ignoring racism against black women and transphobic radfems, both are utter scum really). I include me in this, case in point look at what I said when I wrote the OP of the original Feminist thread a year or two ago:
    Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Feminism is one of the most misunderstood philosophies in the modern world, and it is entirely the fault of feminists that this is so. Growing up even I didn't consider myself to be a feminist until my mother sat down and explained exactly what feminism is at its core, with all the misandry and nonsense shorn away. I thought I'd write it here as I see a lot of people who plainly have no clue what feminism is.

This is bull****. Feminism's image problem isn't the fault of feminists, its the fault of strawmen feminists arguments put forward by the media. Misandry isn't even a ****ing thing. This was me still viewing feminism through a lense of my own internalised misogyny and misconceptions. The point being no one is perfect, the thing is to keep an open mind and keep learning.
    Last edited by eldargal; 08-28-2014 at 04:35 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!