BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 698 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 198598648688696697698699700708748798 ... LastLast
Results 6,971 to 6,980 of 10008

It's also the depiction of the act in the media. Almost universally, it starts with a physical beating of the victim, or otherwise overpowering.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

[URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28466434"]Another day another atrocity[/URL]

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Disgusting.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Why? Just, why? It's not even a thing in Islam for fecks sake.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Why? Just, why? It's not even a thing in Islam for fecks sake.
    Right? It's absurd. It is an ethnic thing more than a religious thing and it's only really recently taken on religious connotations. This would be like an extreme Christian religious extremist group taking over and implementing harsh Old Testament law then allowing women priests and bishops.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

Isis are the model of intolerance.

Ah woman, no you can't have your sexy fun parts because reasons.
    Ah woman, you must cover up because I cannot contain the lust in my loins (that was almost lions, no one wants to be on the receiving end of a lusty lion) and because reasons.
    Ah woman, you must have no edumacation in case you point out the hypocrosy of our ways and because reasons.
    Ah woman, I will sell you off for 15 head of cattle because you are a looker and you are my property and because reasons.
    Ah woman, I will condeom you for adultery if you get raped, because that will teach you for getting raped and because reasons.
    Ah people, you want to practice your own relgion or not at all, that is fine you can do so if you leave all your world possessions behind or when you are dead because reasons.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    (that was almost lions, no one wants to be on the receiving end of a lusty lion)
    I promised myself never again
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Brother-Captain

ISIS had nothing to do with Islam. They're about power. Like many groups throughout history, they're just using religion as a mask for their greed.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    I mean, for God's sake Eldargal, your rants on male entitlement are so sweeping, stereotypical and generalising that it discredits you. All Men Are Bad? Is that it, is that the summation of the philosophy of this thread. You're just all bad, and there's nothing you can do because you're entitled, too. I never claim to be anything more than a flawed creation of evolution anyway, but seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Quote that phrase out of one of my posts. Go ahead, I can wait.
    there you go.

as far as what you can do, that has been covered many times. it involves standing up to friends/co-workers etc. about making rape jokes, sexually harassing people, verbally harassing people. standing up for equal rights, giving fair pay if that is in your power, treating everybody equally. you say you wouldn't befriend a person who sexually assaults women, but you might have done and not known it. See Gotthammer's stats about people who think it is ok to commit rape in certain situations, or do not realise it is rape. perpetrators of abuse crimes are usually well known to the victim, the victim likes and trusts them, it happens anyway.

oh, also, I said men oppress women, I did not say all men oppress women, so do not go leaping to conclusions that aren't there. as has been repeatedly said here, plenty of men are good people who try their best and strive to treat people equally, but that does not mean they automatically succeed, and they might not realise that what they are doing is wrong. look at the post about the guy unzipping the dress, he probably thinks he is a good guy doing something harmless. he might not go around beating women or raping them, but he has done something wrong nonetheless and it needs to stop.
    Last edited by Kirsten; 07-24-2014 at 11:02 AM.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rissan4ever View Post
    ISIS had nothing to do with Islam. They're about power. Like many groups throughout history, they're just using religion as a mask for their greed.
    Bingo.

And interestingly, the Arab world are pretty much dead against them.

Could prove a tipping point in that region.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks