BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 735 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 235635685725733734735736737745785835 ... LastLast
Results 7,341 to 7,350 of 10008
    Chapter-Master

On the subject of comics... Anyone see this upcoming Spider-Woman variant cover? Looks like she is wearing body paint!

[url]http://www.vox.com/xpress/2014/8/20/6046577/marvel-spider-woman-cover-sexist[/url]

[URL="http://www.ibtimes.com/welcome-gunn-show-how-nicole-perlman-being-written-out-guardians-galaxy-1659036"]James Gunn and Marvel are deliberately trying to erase Nicole Perlman's contributions to Guardians of the Galaxy[/URL]. Because having a woman credited for co-writing a successful summer blockbuster might imply women canactually write good films, and then people will wonder why Marvel aren't actually getting women to write some films and we can't have that. Then look at th way Gamora is being deliberately and consciously erased from the merchandise of GotG, its al la ****ing disgrace.

It's funny it says James Gunn added the humour to the film, so I'm assuming that means all the flat jokes that Gamora rolled her eyes at and the hilarious sexism as well.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I think it is hard to day how much attempts to remove her role in the film is down to her being a woman and how much is just the glory hogging that, as the article days, is not uncommon in Hollywood. Some films go through three or 4 different writers and rewrites and it becomes difficult to say how much of the finished version is actually left from the first script. If, as Perlman herself admits, he made substantial re-writes to her scripts, it is natural that he will emphasise his role. He is definitely downplaying her role, but I don't see anything by him trying to take her out the picture completely and nothing to suggest that to has anything to do with her being a woman. I agree Marvel's marketing is clearly sexist, but I don't see any evidence to connect his issue to that one.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    I think it is hard to day how much attempts to remove her role in the film is down to her being a woman and how much is just the glory hogging that, as the article days, is not uncommon in Hollywood. Some films go through three or 4 different writers and rewrites and it becomes difficult to say how much of the finished version is actually left from the first script. If, as Perlman herself admits, he made substantial re-writes to her scripts, it is natural that he will emphasise his role. He is definitely downplaying her role, but I don't see anything by him trying to take her out the picture completely and nothing to suggest that to has anything to do with her being a woman. I agree Marvel's marketing is clearly sexist, but I don't see any evidence to connect his issue to that one.
    Well the fact is it is an unusually sever case, even the guy whose script Joss Whedon totally rewrote for the Avengers got some credit while there has been a deliberate attempt to downplay Perlmans contributions and as the article says if she came out and said so she would never work again. While there is ego and rivalry amongst men in Hollywood their contributions do not get erased to the same extent.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

A List of “Men’s Rights” Issues That Feminism Is Already Working On
    Feminists do not want you to lose custody of your children. The assumption that women are naturally better caregivers is part of patriarchy.

Feminists do not like commercials in which bumbling dads mess up the laundry and competent wives have to bustle in and fix it. The assumption that women are naturally better housekeepers is part of patriarchy.

Feminists do not want anyone to be falsely accused of rape. False rape accusations discredit rape victims, which reinforces rape culture, which is part of patriarchy.

Feminists do not want you to have to pay for dinner. We want the opportunity to achieve financial success on par with men in any field we choose (and are qualified for), and the fact that we currently don’t is part of patriarchy. The idea that men should coddle and provide for women, and/or purchase their affections in romantic contexts, is condescending and damaging and part of patriarchy.

Feminists do not want you to commit suicide. Any pressures and expectations that lower the quality of life of any gender are part of patriarchy. The fact that depression is characterized as an effeminate weakness, making men less likely to seek treatment, is part of patriarchy.

Feminists do not want you to be viewed with suspicion when you take your child to the park (men frequently insist that this is a serious issue, so I will take them at their word). The assumption that men are insatiable sexual animals, combined with the idea that it’s unnatural for men to care for children, is part of patriarchy.

Feminists do not want you to be drafted and then die in a war while we stay home and iron stuff. The idea that women are too weak to fight or too delicate to function in a military setting is part of patriarchy.

Feminists do not want women to escape prosecution on legitimate domestic violence charges, nor do we want men to be ridiculed for being raped or abused. The idea that women are naturally gentle and compliant and that victimhood is inherently feminine is part of patriarchy.

Feminists hate patriarchy. We do not hate you.

If you really care about those issues as passionately as you say you do, you should be thanking feminists, because feminism is a social movement actively dedicated to dismantling every single one of them. The fact that you blame feminists—your allies—for problems against which they have been struggling for decades suggests that supporting men isn’t nearly as important to you as resenting women. We care about your problems a lot. Could you try caring about ours
    [URL="http://the-feminist-fangirl.tumblr.com/post/95537548159/a-list-of-mens-rights-issues-that-feminism-is"]Source[/URL]

the reason male comic book fans work themselves into a frenzied rage over “fake geek girls" is because they think they can’t get a girlfriend because of their love for comic books (a.k.a nerdiness). if they accept that geek girls genuinely love comic books, then they’re left with the cold harsh reality that it’s not their nerdiness that makes them unattractive to women, but the fact that they are misogynistic condescending dickbags who need to be avoided AT ALL COSTS

Chapter-Master

if men had to put up with the same crap as women...

[url]http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_1028_if-pop-culture-treated-men-way-it-treats-women/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fanpage&utm_campai gn=new+article&wa_ibsrc=fanpage[/url]
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

As a Bi person, I can confirm most gay guys I've met so far are like the above.

It's actually extremely scary.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Mate, you're hanging around the wrong gay guys. It's worth remembering that being a member of a minority does not limit a person's capacity for douchebaggery; just because a person has been a victimised doesn't mean they're not capable of victimising others. If they're being like that to you, call them out on it if you feel safe doing so, or just get the f*** out of there if not.