BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 855 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 355755805845853854855856857865905955 ... LastLast
Results 8,541 to 8,550 of 10008

And they all had lemonade... the end.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

So I just discovered FEMEN, and I'm not sure what to think of the whole thing.

On the one hand, they seem bloody insane.

On the other, they get stuff done...apparently.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

As MM stated earlier, sexism is in the eye of the beholder. So all it takes is a woman to feel an element of behaviour is sexist, for it to be sexist. Even if to 99.9999999% of the entire 7 billion of the planet it is not sexist, if one person feels it is, it is.

No matter how batty that or they may seem.

Likewise, that applies to a male's perspective. I think you can state that sexism against women is more prevalent. Or more likely to happen. To that extent you could say it is more of a problem.

But you can't say that all sexism against women affects women worse than all sexism affects men because of the very fact it is in the eye of the beholder. You cannot possibly empathise with how any negative situation affects anyone.

You definitely can't say men don't suffer from sexism full stop. Sexism is simply prejudice against someone based purely on their sex. No matter what clever sociologist's definition of sexism you apply (oh woe the patriarchy) sexism is just prejudice against someone because of their sex and you cannot say that the 18 year old female secretary gets it worse than the 18 year old work experience lad on an all female assembly line.

Unless you have a clever way to turn their brain inside out, like with one of those imaging machines where Vince shows the dog beasty in his skull, in Ghostbusters.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

FEMEN are really bad. I've seen them described as the PETA of feminist groups, all stunts and nasty behaviour behind the scenes. Also founded and run by a man, Victor Svatsky, who handpicks the women who will do the topless protests based on prettiness because pretty topless protesters get more attention. They have also targeted mosques of persecuted Muslim minorities (as in persecuted within the Muslim world) for their protests and generally behaved in a very objectionable, Islamophobic way.
    When the Femen founder finally spoke to Ms Green, he sought to justify his role within the organisation and acknowledged the paradox of being a “patriarch” running a feminist protest group. “These girls are weak,” he says in the film.

“They don’t have the strength of character. They don’t even have the desire to be strong. Instead, they show submissiveness, spinelessness, lack of punctuality, and many other factors which prevent them from becoming political activists. These are qualities which it was essential to teach them.”

Mr Svyatski insists to Ms Green that his influence on the group is positive. However, when he is asked directly whether he started Femen “to get girls”, he replies: “Perhaps yes, somewhere in my deep subconscious.”
    [URL="http://jezebel.com/the-man-behind-femen-is-no-friend-of-the-movement-1251310779"]Source[/URL]
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Hmmm, different story from the one I read, but then that was a Guardian interview with the woman who claimed to start the Ukrainian sect of it. It was just one story from 2013, though. They seem like the stereotypical Crazy Feminist type.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

solicitor for Ireland's Football Association refers to Ched Evan's "alleged" crimes and states that he could be innocent, purely because totally different people convicted of totally different crimes have been found innocent later

[url]http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-30093565[/url]

"This crime, as alleged, was at the bottom end. There was no violence and thankfully the victim has no recollection of it. This, I hasten to add, does not make it right, or anything close to it, but it is nonetheless a mitigating factor."

no it isn't

"But there is surely nothing worse than being accused of a crime which you genuinely believe you didn't commit,"

**** you. this is the problem, he Evans does not think he is guilty, therefore he is kind of innocent, or so some people believe. rape is one of those crimes where people are far more likely to believe the attacker. there was a case recently of a woman going to the police to report rape and the officer said to her there was no point 'it's not as if getting a conviction will un-rape you'
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Wow.

So by that account, if I was to run someone over and leave them in a permanent vegetative state, no actual crime has been committed, because they're unaware of it?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

it would still be a crime, just not as much of one...
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten's post
    "But there is surely nothing worse than being accused of a crime which you genuinely believe you didn't commit,"
    Well, on that note, I feel supremely qualified to answer....

There is indeed worse than being accused of a crime you genuinely believe you did not commit. And it's called BEING RAPED!

See, I've been raped, and that time a paper reckoned I'd stabbed my Dad to death kind of pales into insignificance next to feeling violated, and having to go get blood tests done in case you've contracted something nasty.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 11-18-2014 at 04:19 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Local radio just interviewed a woman who works in the "teach men to seduce women" industry.

She believes that bloke shouldn't be banned because it would elevate his cult status among his followers who aren't "the full ticket already".

petition now apparently over 150k signatures.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness