BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 693 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 193593643683691692693694695703743793 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,930 of 10008
    Banned

Well she didn't email it to her husband then ignore him, so the attitude is rather different.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    And I guess the spreadsheet that was posted on the same issue (this time from a woman) is just... an excusable outlier because... its more comfortable that way.
    At leas everybody comfortable ignored it and noone cries out in righteous rage about... i tend to forget... women are victims and as such there can be no entitlement... they do it for "fun"
    the woman did not send it to her husband trying to make him feel guilty. rather key point you have missed.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Also a woman sending a spreedsheet isn't part of a culture of female entitlement which leads to men being raped, harassed and murdered all the ****ing time because THAT CULTURE DOES NOT EXIST. It is false equivalence at its finest. Not to mention I'm fairly sure the wifes spreadsheet was a joke poking fun at the one the man sent.

The issue with the spreadsheet is that it illustrates how common male entitlement can be and how it can manifest in upsetting if minor ways or escalate right to rape and even murder. When we talk about the spreadsheet and male entitlement we are saying 'Look, even decent men think they are entitled to sex and end up acting like ****ers because of this culture of entitlement and this culture impacts millions and millions of women all the damned time'. The state of their marriage has nothing to do with it, it all comes down to the fact he felt entitled enough to sex to keep a diary of all the times he didn't get it for the sole purpose of making her feel bad.
    Last edited by eldargal; 07-23-2014 at 11:04 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    the woman did not send it to her husband trying to make him feel guilty. rather key point you have missed.
    No she just gave it to her friends. Which is way better.
    But point taken. Its not equal cause it happened to a man. Also it is "a joke". Sometimes I really wonder if your feminism is about equality at all.
    Sure women should and must be allowed to be exactly the same jerks. Thats fine by me. But the "shaming" also should be equal and not a weak "this is a different situation because she just showed her friends!" statement.

The state of their marriage has nothing to do with it, it all comes down to the fact he felt entitled enough to sex to keep a diary of all the times he didn't get it for the sole purpose of making her feel bad.
    And her kepping of a "no sex again" diary for the sole purpose of showing to her firends was... yeah I know... just an excusable joke because... men cant feel bad and they dont tend to have the highest suicide rates.
    Last edited by Charon; 07-23-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Chapter-Master

it is not weak, it is entirely pertinent. the man sent it to his wife in order to shame and embarrass her, whilst also apparently sending an aggressive email then ignoring her utterly. the woman sent it to a few friends as a laugh, and in your own words, is a joke, not an attempt to bully her husband in to having sex.

Yup and even if it were serious there is still no culture of female entitlement to men that it is part of. Unlike the spreadsheet it really is just an isolated event.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

it is not weak, it is entirely pertinent. the man sent it to his wife in order to shame and embarrass her, whilst also apparently sending an aggressive email then ignoring her utterly. the woman sent it to a few friends as a laugh, and in your own words, is a joke, not an attempt to bully her husband in to having sex.
    Thanks for clearing up that men cant be bullied and cant feel bad. Now I know...
    The "joke" was sarcastic. This is not funny at all. But it seems perfectly fine for you if the abuser just has the "right" gender.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Thanks for clearing up that men cant be bullied and cant feel bad. Now I know...
    except of course that at no point did anybody say that

it is clear that you are just deliberately ignoring everything said in order to misrepresent it as much as possible so you can pretend you have a point.

Yeah no one said that. It isn't that men cannot be bullied, it is that there is not a culture where women are told their bullying is normal and that they have a right to be able to bully men.

Banned

not an attempt to bully her husband in to having sex.
    And to add to that the woman didn't share it until after they had divorced, and not with the husband, so it's context is very different.

Oh, and the first comments of the original site's article (who seems to be responding to the first sheet):

Women can't let it get out that they ALL do this, and half the time they actually give it up they do it out of 'wifely duty.' They know they do it, they know how much it hurts us, but they do it anyway cause they don't give a ****. They already signed the check when they ****ed your brains out for a year to get you to marry them. Now they consider their work done. And if you don't like it, well enjoy only 50% of your money for the rest of your lives.

This guy? Never getting married in a million years. You gotta be half nuts.
    Umm, what? This diary is from the wife. Who wanted sex with her husband and HE was rejecting HER. Not the other way around.

Most women I know have a higher sex drive than men do. They want it all the time.

You've apparently had some bad experiences and it's clearly made you bitter. Perhaps it's time you changed what sort of woman you were going after.
    "Most women I know have a higher sex drive than men do."

Then you live on another planet where hormones work differently. Testosterone is responsible for sex drive.

Trust me, we've all had bad experiences with your gender. And we're ALL bitter. Just some are vocal about it and some aren't.
    Hmmm....