BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 700 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 200600650690698699700701702710750800 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,000 of 10008
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Yet, out of this the Kurds have got a stable region and this invasion will probably pave the way for a seperate Kurdistan.
    I hope that pans out, for two reasons.

1. The Kurds have been crapped on by pretty much everyone in the region for years. Having their own country would at least allow them to protect themselves more easily.
    2. It's easier to press for human rights (including women's rights) in a stable country than a war zone.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Occuli Imperator

Yes but as EG says, the Turks dislike the Kurds and vice versa and if they forge their own country they would want a chunk of turkey as upto a quarter of the Turkish population are ethincially Kurds.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Won't happen though will it. As long as isis exists they'll be trying to expand.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

Darn it all to heck. I'd like the leader of every nation or faction currently engaged in a war or conflict of any kind to sit down together and watch a few episodes of Mr. Rogers. Maybe then they'll learn something about SHARING! Seriously. My 3-year-old understands how to share. At what point to grown ups forget the basic lessons in sharing and kindness?

Occuli Imperator

When they grow up and learn that individualism is the key to sucess and develop right wing nationalistic views
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

When I linked it it was being reported as fact of an issued fatwa?(is that the right word) not rumours.
    The BBC News report you linked has now said experts have disassembled the supposed message going around, and it seems like it may be a smear for the opposition to make them look...worse. Several typo errors, having the wrong name and other points are apparently what is giving them that impression.

watch a few episodes of Mr. Rogers. Maybe then they'll learn something about SHARING!
    That's great if you're not on a planet with too many people and not enough resources to support half of them. Not saying war is the answer, if they threw the money spent on war at science, we'd probably be laughing all the way to our stem cell reanimation booths.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Not saying war is the answer, if they threw the money spent on war at science, we'd probably be laughing all the way to our stem cell reanimation booths.
    That I definitely agree with.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    So...noting I don't already do? For example, I've started to stop going to my FLGS due to the manager, as his personality is entirely rape jokes and misogyny, (but he makes rape jokes towards men as well which I think he considers a balancing factor.) While I'm able to tolerate small amounts of that sort of thing, I've repeatedly told him that I don't find it funny, especially when repeated, and I don't think it's something he should be saying, if even only because it would drive customers back out the door. So far it's falling on deaf ears, so I'm mostly boycotting the place now.
    excellent
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

The downside being that I inevitably end up crawling back when my friends organise a game there, which is awkward. I have other issues with the manager than the aforementioned, mainly due to him imposing his vision of the game rather than what the majority want, (e.g., after a lot of play testing most of us are actually okay with Superheavies being played in the shop, and feel they're amazing, but also expensive enough to make them a crutch that when kicked out cripples the army.) He's very much against them, as well as Forge World, and anything he particularly dislikes as, "overpowered."

My friends are mostly pretty respectful towards women, which probably explains why half of us are single. :P
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

it is a shame when managers are annoying. we don't have a GW store over here but the one at uni had a manager who was nice enough, but not very good with the rules, and it was painful watching him do demo games.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.