BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 692 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 192592642682690691692693694702742792 ... LastLast
Results 6,911 to 6,920 of 10008

Some Star Wars news.

As we know, Gwendoline Christie is appearing in Episode VII.

And apparently, it's a role originally written for a male actor, and gender swapped on a script review by JJ Abrams and some other dude.

So yay, I guess.

There is other news, but contains possible spoilers, so I shan't post them. Full story for those interested on Star Wars Underworld.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Some Star Wars news.

As we know, Gwendoline Christie is appearing in Episode VII.

And apparently, it's a role originally written for a male actor, and gender swapped on a script review by JJ Abrams and some other dude.

So yay, I guess.

There is other news, but contains possible spoilers, so I shan't post them. Full story for those interested on Star Wars Underworld.
    Link us?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Banned

[URL="http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2014/07/rumor-potential-details-about.html"]Star Wars news[/URL] (has other spoilers about roles people playing)

Ten rape prevention tips:
    1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.

2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.

3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.

4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.

5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.

6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.

7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.

8. Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.

9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.

10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her.

Occuli Imperator

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry at the quote...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    [URL="http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2014/07/rumor-potential-details-about.html"]Star Wars news[/URL] (has other spoilers about roles people playing)
    Cheers
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

looks like the [URL="http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukebailey/maybe-everyone-is-just-really-bad-at-sex"]last resort of frustrated people[/URL]

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

“Yes, poor little old you. There we were, discussing rape, violence against women, systemic oppression and other manifestations of sexism, and you had to jump in to remind us that “not all men” do these things. Why don’t you really say what you want to say? “I HAVE NEVER RAPED/HIT/ASSAULTED A WOMAN!” Right? Isn’t this what you really want to say? Yes, make a discussion that is about the plight of MILLIONS of women about poor little old you. I mean, millions of women are being assaulted and oppressed, but you’ve never done it, so why are we making you uncomfortable with these discussions?”
    [URL="http://the-feminist-fangirl.tumblr.com/post/92642089492/yes-poor-little-old-you-there-we-were"]Breaking down 'not all men[/URL]'.

[URL="http://destroyentitlement.tumblr.com/"]You Are Not Entitled To Us[/URL]. A new tumblr page dedicated to women telling their experiences with male entitlement.

These are just a few examples. Thousands of women are murdered every year because of this, millions more are sexually assaulted, millions and millions more are terrorised by men with this attitude. Something like 80% of teenage girls in the UK report being exposed to behaviour like this, boys bothering them and not taking no for an answer at the low end, being attacked at the high end.
    Last edited by eldargal; 07-23-2014 at 10:41 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    And the relevant point you dont want to see, dont want to hear or even bother to consider is:
    EVERYONE in a relationship (female AND male) would feel "cheated" and deem the treatment "unfair". If I would deny sex to my wife without any communication (which has happened here) and turn down her attempts to communicate the issue (which has happened here) she would get pissy. She would feel cheated, frustrated and would feel treated unfairly.
    THAT is a key point. This is would be the same issue for BOTH partners in a relationship. This is only a gender issue because you want to make it one.
    You are acting like "wimmins dont need/want sex, so if the husband would refuse sex with her, everything would be shiny and she would have no issues with that" which is not true.
    the point is not that people get frustrated when they don't have sex, the point is that he felt he was entitled to have sex.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    But its legal for them to **** each other senseless as much as they want.
    It was in a news report, on BBC I'm sure it was a high ranking police officer saying they wouldn't use the law to criminalise young couples.
    It was intended to protect older teens from older predators.
    it is absolutely ludicrous that a person can be old enough to have sex with their boyfriend, yet not old enough to send him a topless photo. it sends completely the wrong message, and helps nobody. selfie age must be the same as consent age, it is astonishingly stupid to do otherwise. there was a woman on Radio 2 today defending the case, saying how important it is for police to protect vulnerable children, stop child abuse, prevent paedophiles. all of this is absolutely true, but it has no bearing whatsoever on two people old enough to have sex being charged for a photo.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    the point is not that people get frustrated when they don't have sex, the point is that he felt he was entitled to have sex.
    And I guess the spreadsheet that was posted on the same issue (this time from a woman) is just... an excusable outlier because... its more comfortable that way.
    At leas everybody comfortable ignored it and noone cries out in righteous rage about... i tend to forget... women are victims and as such there can be no entitlement... they do it for "fun"
    Last edited by Charon; 07-23-2014 at 10:58 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    But its legal for them to **** each other senseless as much as they want.
    It was in a news report, on BBC I'm sure it was a high ranking police officer saying they wouldn't use the law to criminalise young couples.
    It was intended to protect older teens from older predators.
    it is absolutely ludicrous that a person can be old enough to have sex with their boyfriend, yet not old enough to send him a topless photo. it sends completely the wrong message, and helps nobody. selfie age must be the same as consent age, it is astonishingly stupid to do otherwise. there was a woman on Radio 2 today defending the case, saying how important it is for police to protect vulnerable children, stop child abuse, prevent paedophiles. all of this is absolutely true, but it has no bearing whatsoever on two people old enough to have sex being charged for a photo.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.