BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 694 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 194594644684692693694695696704744794 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,940 of 10008

Gosh, its almost like he feels men have some kind of entitlement to sex or something...
    This guy? Never getting married in a million years.
    What a great ****ing loss lol.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    except of course that at no point did anybody say that

it is clear that you are just deliberately ignoring everything said in order to misrepresent it as much as possible so you can pretend you have a point.
    No. I already have the point taken. Read your comments to "his" spreadsheet and then to "her" spreadsheet.
    One is from an *******, the other one was sent to her friends "for a laugh".
    You where (and still are) extremely quick to judge the former and as quick to excuse and downplay the other. You show exactly the same sort of attitude that you condemn.

Chapter-Master

two completely different situations, they get different responses. I am not sure why that is hard for you to understand. just because they both involve keeping track of sex does not make them the same thing. I suspect you are wilfully ignoring the facts in order to keep arguing.

he sent the spreadsheet to his wife to shame and bully her in to having sex.

she sent it to her friends after they had separated, not wanting anything more from him.

the situations are different, the motives are different, why are you expecting one answer to two separate questions?
    Last edited by Kirsten; 07-23-2014 at 11:40 AM.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Because im pretty sure if this spreadsheet also would have been from a male, with exact the same story, the reaction would be exactly the same like in the first situation.
    "******* of a man keepin track of rejection, dumps her for not wanting sex with him and than blaming and shaming her in public when he sends his sex diary to his friends."

[URL="http://destroyentitlement.tumblr.com/"]Posting this again[/URL], everyone should read it and reflect that this happens to most women frequently at some level or another whether it is guys hrassing you online or guys harassing you in the street up to people following you and approaching you when you're working or all sorts of things. right up to sexual assault and even murder. All because men are told they have some kind of right to women.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

No, no it wouldn't. I'd say the same thing to him as I would her. Better to talk to your partner about this and possibly get couple's therapy as it is a clear rift in your relationship. Neither hiding it nor passive-aggressively shaming your partner achieves anything.

The difference is context. The first comes loaded with centuries of societal baggage about the expectation that women will submit to men sexually, especially in marriage (keep in mind spousal rape wasn't illegal until quite recently). Keeping a private diary and *****ing about a partner after the fact to your friends is a sh!tty thing to do but has a totally different context to it.

Chapter-Master

no, if the story was, 'man tells friends about times ex wife wouldn't have sex with him' the response would be 'so?' if he wants to talk to his friends about that that is up to him. I doubt his friends would want to know especially. people ***** to their friends about stuff all the time, it isn't news. it becomes shocking when that information is used to gain some form of leverage over the partner.

It's very difficult to be a guy in support of Feminism in this thread, I'll say that much. Honestly, just be honest, do you actually want guys in here or would you rather we left? It just feels like we're not allowed to say anything to defend ourselves and those we know, because apparently according to statistics and tabloid news articles, I am actually raping someone right now, and so are all my friends...while beating them.

It's like if you were to walk into an LGBT thread and say, "hi guys, I'm not LGBT but I fully support marriage equality and believe that love is love, it's just that I only love the opposite gender," and their reaction was to point out how it's heterosexual people like you that are oppressing and beating and killing LGBT people, and look at all these articles showing acts your kind have committed! You heterosexual types with your easy jobs and your marriage system you don't have to fight for, how can you even say you know what we want or how we feel?!"

I mean, for God's sake Eldargal, your rants on male entitlement are so sweeping, stereotypical and generalising that it discredits you. All Men Are Bad? Is that it, is that the summation of the philosophy of this thread. You're just all bad, and there's nothing you can do because you're entitled, too. I never claim to be anything more than a flawed creation of evolution anyway, but seriously?

How can you ever hope to get help to get traction if this is your angle? If anyone who argues otherwise is just bombarded with rape articles and tell, "yeah, that's what you people do! You can't argue with me, I have Google."

I honestly don't know what I expected when I started posting in this thread, but it's places like here and the SJW dens on Tumblr that make it very difficult to take Feminism seriously, and that's dangerous because Feminism should be taken seriously.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

well you clearly don't take it seriously if you think like that.

"and their reaction was to point out how it's heterosexual people like you that are oppressing and beating and killing LGBT people, and look at all these articles showing acts your kind have committed! You heterosexual types with your easy jobs and your marriage system you don't have to fight for, how can you even say you know what we want or how we feel?!""

that is a rather weak point, because it is all true.

what exactly is your point? all you are doing here is proving the 'not all men' point.

It seems pretty clear that nothing a man says or does can ever be sufficient in your eyes. Fair enough, it's entirely possible that nothing we say or do *can* be enough right now. But I'd like to ask an honest question: do you want equality, or vengeance?
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?