BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 863 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 363763813853861862863864865873913963 ... LastLast
Results 8,621 to 8,630 of 10008

Though you have to be careful with plastic guns, you might get shot.
    Not that likely in the UK to be honest. Yes, there was John Charles DeMenezes and Mark Duggan, and SO19 have a fifteen minute response time anywhere in the UK, but overall, the UK police are significantly less trigger happy than their US contemporaries. You'll get tasered to within an inch of your life, but probably not shot. You will, however, likely do a five year stretch for them. The law here states that if you're carrying anything which can be mistaken as a firearm on the streets, you're treated exactly as if it was a real firearm by the law. It didn't used to be so, but the law was changed in 2003 after a chap held up a series of banks with a tire iron in a plastic carrier bag. He thought that because it wasn't a real gun, he wouldn't be charged with armed robbery - he didn't realise they'd change the law just for him.

We're super-strict about guns over here. I'd never leave home carrying a toy weapon. There is literally no reason good enough for the risk.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

anime cons usually get one or two calls and the police are generally understanding from what i've heard.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

The only trouble with the Nerf Rebelle line is that it is marketed solely at girls while the standard line is marketed solely at boys. It's not idea. I have some Rebelle and my cousins have some Rebelle (girls and boys) but they also have a lot of standard stuff too. Little 6 year old cousin loves to tote around her big nerf gatling gun that's as big as she is.

YorkN is right about gun laws here, I wouldn't wander down the street with a toy gun. However unlike in the US children can still play with them in public places without anyone caring and without police turning up to shoot them twice, killing them.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    YorkN is right about gun laws here, I wouldn't wander down the street with a toy gun. However unlike in the US children can still play with them in public places without anyone caring and without police turning up to shoot them twice, killing them.
    Also note that the two people shot with BB guns were also in states with open carry laws...

In other news about men being garbage:

18 year old named Tristen Cole Killman rapes three girls, films himself doing it and bragging about it. Not arrested, girls get suspended and forced to leave school due to bullying and being called a "distraction" by the faculty. The rapist is later suspended for sharing the video at school. [URL="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/24/norman-high-school-protest_n_6214222.html"]Now due to attention police are finally investigating[/URL]. [URL="https://www.facebook.com/yesalldaughters"]Mass protests at the school are happening[/URL], to speak out against the handling of this.

Only white men have the right to carry guns in public, obviously. Marissa Alexander, who fired a warning shot to scare off an abusive husband, is still in prison by the way while the police officer who murdered an unarmed black man in the street goes free and gets paid half a million dollars for a media interview. Anonymous are claiming he has KKK ties too.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Anonymous can suck 'em.

Don't trust them one iota.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Nor me but some of them do have a strong social justice thing going and they do attack the police and other institutions (they did it in Steubenville also) more than you would expect from a group of predominantly white, middle class boys playing at hero.

Trouble is, just don't know which overentitled trustafarian goon you're gonna get.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Yup. I don't like them, but for something like this I wouldn't necessarily dismiss it out of hand especially when the KKK did conspicuously come out in support of Darren Wilson.

Oh and you remember when the police said Mike Brown robbed a store and that's why they shot him? Well ignoring the fact the store owner said that was wrong, the police released footage of him in th store with a box of cigars. What they edited out was him paying for them:

But no the police are above reproach obviously, they wouldn't deliberately try and tarnish a black mans reputation because they know white Americans are happy to believe they are criminals...

Also note teh startling absence of libertarians, who love to protest about small government and all that but are strangely silent when the military wing of civilian government murder black people and attempt to crush peaceful protests with violence. Knowing full well the media will call them riots regardless of who starts the violence.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's Police Wally Squad amongst the crowd, making sure protest becomes riot. Someone has to throw those petrol bombs after all.