BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 815 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 315715765805813814815816817825865915 ... LastLast
Results 8,141 to 8,150 of 10008
    Chapter-Master

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/oscar-pistorius-arrives-sentencing-071958247.html[/url]

And I thought the US justice system was a pile of steaming crap.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

better than I thought it would be, I didn't think he would get prison at all. apparently he could still be in for as little as a year.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    better than I thought it would be, I didn't think he would get prison at all. apparently he could still be in for as little as a year.
    1 year is so ridiculous... and here I thought a little over 3 years in jail was a crap sentence for the ******* that killed my mom. People spend more time behind bars for marijuana.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

yup, as I said previously, the guy who killed my mum's friend got just over a year in prison. I find sometimes blokes on their wedding anniversary might say something like '22 years, if I had killed her I would be out by now' yet men clearly do not receive big sentences for killing their partners.

Chapter-Master

A truly sad state of affairs. One may hope that someone balances the scales of justice outside of such laughably broken systems. Still, it would be preferable if society could actually create fair and just courts.
    My Truescale Insanity

Chapter-Master

what a crazy world that would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Iä! Iä! Mugi Kotobuki! The incredibly gay keyboardist of Houkago Tea Time with the eyebrows made of pickles!
    Que?

What is that Ia! Ia! thing about, by the way? I tried Googling Eldargal's signature once and accidentally got a Googleblast...of her signature. Even Translate cannot fathom this strange text. :P

Looking into the character profile of Ms Kotobuki, I find it funny that the writer had to put 'sweet and gentle' in at least every paragraph. :P

One to put on my lengthy to-watch list?
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

"Iä!" is an exclamation that appears in several of H. P. Lovecraft's works and is never (AFAIK) explicitly translated, but you could make plausible arguments for "hail," "listen" or "it is so."

I've no clue about Gloppal Snode, though. It has the mouthfeel of a name that ought to have a Wookieepedia article.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    what a crazy world that would be...
    If you do visit there please say hello to Bizarro Superman for me.
    My Truescale Insanity

Coworker:
    You guys are so dramatic, not all men are evil and ****.
    Me:
    .... I know that, intellectually. Emotionally I'm not that clear.
    Cowoker:
    Ah?
    Me:
    Let me put it this way. You know that if a skinny, rather short guy like you goes to jail, he's rather likely to be raped, right?
    Cowoker:
    Yes.
    Me:
    So let's suppose you go to jail for something rather harmless, something that harmed no one, like... ar... selling bootleg DVDs or something like that. Something that would keep you inside for a year or so.
    Cowoker:
    Okay?
    Me:
    So you go to jail and you know that people get raped in there. Yet you intellectually know it's impossible that all inmates are gay and sexually interested in you, it's statistically impossible. Right?
    Cowoker:
    Right.
    Me:
    But you'd still be scared, wouldn't you? I mean you know not all of them are out to get you, but you know some might and you can't tell who it would be. And yet you are forced to spend all your time with them, to share your space with them, and you know you might look at that ONE guy who could and would want to rape you. It would be ridiculously scary, right?
    Cowoker:
    O__o it would.
    Me:
    ....... well, that's how women feel every day, all the time. We know not all men are out to rape us, most would never dare do something like that, but we know there are some out there who would, gladly at that, and we can't tell them appart on sight alone. Also we feel like the short, skinny kid who did nothing really bad in jail, we know anyone can bring us down with a single punch.
    Cowoker:
    ...... O___O
    Me:
    ... so that girl who glares at you in the subway, she is not thinking you are a horrible man that deserves to die, she is trying to find out whether you are part of the small percentage of men out there who can and want to do her harm. You all should wear labels by the way, it would make communication so much easier.
    Cowoker:
    ........ that's ****ing horrible.
    Me:
    I know, right?
    This is what makes Not All Men so ridiculous. For a start, we know not all men are bad. But we can't tell which ones ARE bad from which ones aren't, and between victim blaming and obscenely high rates of sexual assault, harassment and violence against women it is sensible to err on the side of caution, to put it mildly.

- - - Updated - - -

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!