BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 789 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 289689739779787788789790791799839889 ... LastLast
Results 7,881 to 7,890 of 10008
    Occuli Imperator

Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    The sheer bloody stupidity of it is, if you're only allowed to care about one issue at once, and that issue is African genocide, by definition that issue is not wargaming news. Anyone making that argument proves themselves a hypocrite merely by being here.

I would point this out on the front page article in question, but I can't seem to find it. Were the comments already deleted? I know the last time I tried to call out a rape joke the comment was automatically flagged for moderation and never got greenlit...
    [url]http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/09/the-emperors-beard-13-i-feel-nothing.html[/url]

And I know some of my comments have been flagged for moderation and vanished, but at least the blatant rape joke that someone made has since been deleted, because WOW. Clearly we need another article on women in wargaming and what behaviour is totally unacceptable, but I'll admit I'm scared to write it. I know from bitter experience how unpleasant it is to get a stream of rape threats (and threats to rape my little sister too) just because I caused momentary unpleasantness in a dudebro's leisure time.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Occuli Imperator

I remember now why I skip the front page...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Banned

The front page has been pretty vile of late - had the [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?33436-A-Crash-Course-in-LGBT-issues&p=443628#post443628"]rampant homophobia[/URL] with [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?33436-A-Crash-Course-in-LGBT-issues&p=443646&viewfull=1#post443646"]the article about[/URL] worst places to live in the 40k verse not too long ago as well.

Someone should draw a 'misandrist' joke comic and try and get it on the mainpage to see if it is still 'just a joke' then.

Two female gamers, one telling the other a joke:
    'How many guy gamers does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Trick question: guy gamers never screw anything'
    *both laugh*
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I will never accept intolerance or those who find humor in the pain of others.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Occuli Imperator

I was expecting "two, if they are small enough"

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Someone should draw a 'misandrist' joke comic and try and get it on the mainpage to see if it is still 'just a joke' then.

Two female gamers, one telling the other a joke:
    'How many guy gamers does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Trick question: guy gamers never screw anything'
    *both laugh*
    That is actually really funny. Although I doubt the target audience would find it amusing.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Yup, that's the point, see how many of them think it's a joke when the joke is on them. In my experience the people who make sexist jokes and then fall back to the 'it's just a joke' defense really, really don't cope with being made fun of themselves. Anyone with artistic skills want to make an attempt? Then we bully BigRed into posting it on the mainpage.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

Curtis of Ninjabread is on the forum...