BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 790 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 290690740780788789790791792800840890 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,900 of 10008

Doesn't help that Emperor's Beard is painfully unfunny at the best of times...
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Someone should draw a 'misandrist' joke comic and try and get it on the mainpage to see if it is still 'just a joke' then.

Two female gamers, one telling the other a joke:
    'How many guy gamers does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Trick question: guy gamers never screw anything'
    *both laugh*
    How many guy gamers does it take to lay a patio?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

- - - Updated - - -

Can't fit the last two panels in.
    [URL="http://congalineofdurin.tumblr.com/post/98866571166/ellescarred-little-miss-fats-source"]Source[/URL]
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Legalised prostitution is a lot like communism - it's a perfect system until you put it into the hands of someone who wants to use it for power abuse.

Someone should draw a 'misandrist' joke comic and try and get it on the mainpage to see if it is still 'just a joke' then.
    I don't like Stewart Lee, but he does make a good point about how the 'it's only a joke' line, what he calls 'The Jeremy Clarkson Defense' is such nonsense. He talks about when Richard Hammond crashed on 'Top Gear', and how he wishes Hammond had died in the crash.

It's at 3mins 52secs.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Well, I learned something from that video.

Specifically, that Gordon Brown is blind in one eye. How did I manage to never know that the whole time he was my lord and master?

That i a very good satire of the 'it's just a joke' defense.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Guy I knew at uni used to be massively insulting to people then say 'it was only a joke'. I was amazed how many people thought that made it acceptable somehow.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Guy I knew at uni used to be massively insulting to people then say 'it was only a joke'. I was amazed how many people thought that made it acceptable somehow.
    Was it actually funny is my litmus test.

For instance - Jimmy Carr = never actually been funny in his life at any point. He's just a bully.
    Frankie Boyle - His stuff is over the top insulting, to the point of almost being a pastiche of offensive remarks.
    Jim Davidson - No, you're just a nasty little bigot
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks