BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 881 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 381781831871879880881882883891931981 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,810 of 10008

It's accurate apart from the painting and the bit about why she may have donethe underpainting like that so no need to go changing it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Amanda Palmer, singer, author, protester, campaigner

[URL=http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/KirstenIGMB/media/10857861_10152663382203375_2690562730261768284_n_z ps57cbbb19.jpg.html][/URL]

in her own words:
    "I spend a few days writing a pretty well-researched article for a pretty respectable newspaper about art and financial transparency, my husband posts it on his facebook, and this is the top comment there getting traffic and discussion.
    girls: if you are ever wondering if it occasionally blows to be a working woman married to a working man...yes. yes, sometimes it just blows and there is very little you can do but simply continue to air out the tragedy.
    over and out. maybe tomorrow."
    Last edited by Kirsten; 12-14-2014 at 07:21 AM.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Occuli Imperator

Aunty's Sports Personality of the Year award.

Team award: England's Women RFU.

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/sports-personality/30456847[/url]
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Amanda Palmer, singer, author, protester, campaigner

[URL=http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/KirstenIGMB/media/10857861_10152663382203375_2690562730261768284_n_z ps57cbbb19.jpg.html][/URL]

I spy with my little eye Fedoratrilby.

Do I win £5?
    in her own words:
    "I spend a few days writing a pretty well-researched article for a pretty respectable newspaper about art and financial transparency, my husband posts it on his facebook, and this is the top comment there getting traffic and discussion.
    girls: if you are ever wondering if it occasionally blows to be a working woman married to a working man...yes. yes, sometimes it just blows and there is very little you can do but simply continue to air out the tragedy.
    over and out. maybe tomorrow."
    I spy with my little eye, Fedoratrilby, thus negating Twitterers comment.

Do I win £5?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

and a cookie.

[URL="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/soraya-chemaly/the-college-rape-problem-_b_6228844.html"]Our 'Rape Problem' Can't Be Solved By Colleges[/URL]

What is almost impossible for some people to contemplate is that there are human cultures where rape is virtually unknown. Societies where women don't calibrate themselves, for their entire lives, to its threat. More than 40 years ago, anthropologist Peggy Reeves Sanday, professor emeritus of anthropology at the University of Pennsylvania, conducted an extensive cross-cultural study of rape involving more than 150 human societies around the word. She found that 47% of societies she studied had no rape, 36% had some incidence of rape, and 17%, of which we are one, were definitively rape prone.

What marked cultures where rape was missing were that women had authority in the community that was not related to reproduction -- they were political or religious leaders and made valued economic contributions to society; feminine qualities were valued by communities; the relationships between men and women was not defined as hierarchical; boys were taught to respect girls and women (something altogether different from learning to protect them); these societies were stable and peaceful, making reliance on brute male physical dominance less likely; divinities were not uniquely male; and, lastly, these cultures had great respect for their environments and did not destructively exploit them.

On the other hand, rape-prone societies like ours are those which tolerate, encourage and often glorify violence as a marker of masculinity starting in early childhood. Boys learn that to be men meant being aggressive, competitive and dominant; work and access to authority are more rigidly sex segregated; women have minimal, if any authoritative roles in public or religious life or sports; femininity and feminine qualities are considered inferior and routinely mocked; "women's work" is undervalued and considered demeaning to men; and, women's roles were largely restricted to reproductive ones, their reproduction more likely to be regulated by men.

Sound familiar?

On campuses, where women students succeed academically (but continue to be marginalized by male dominant teaching hierarchies) it's easier to ignore the evident connections between gender, power and abuse in heated and frankly, distracting, debates about alcohol abuse. Alcohol, however, is a weapon used strategically, not a cause, and conversations that focus on it tend to ignore power differentials and how schools themselves enable serial predator. Alcohol doesn't explain how it is that rape is something many boys and men are very confident bragging about, especially to other boys and men. It doesn't explain why they think it's ok to issue instructions about "luring rapebait" or to secretly mark the hands of girls they've targeted for assault. What Erdely described is a textbook example of how rape is used by the powerful to abuse and dehumanize the less powerful and, often in the case of gang-rape, to form fraternal bonds. A study published by John Foubert, Jerry Tatum and J.T. Newberry in 2007 was one of four that found that frat members are more than three times as likely to perpetrate rape. For people concerned about false rape accusations, the best advice they could give their sons is to avoid frats, not girls
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

A Crash Course in Feminism Mk. II (or, why everyone should be a feminist)
    Yeah, cos I really want to associate myself with a hate movement who can't even let other gender equality groups have meetings in peace: [url]http://wn.com/protester_pulls_fire_alarm_at_uoft_mra_meeting[/url]

[url]http://judgy*****.com/2014/05/29/oh-look-trigger-happy-protesters-are-planning-to-shut-down-the-detroit-conference-promising-things-could-get-ugly/[/url]

Feminism is one of the most misunderstood philosophies in the modern world, and it is entirely the fault of feminists that this is so.
    No, people understand that an organization or ideology cannot be judged solely on it's own self definition.
    In fact the very core tenet of feminism is easy to explain:

A woman should be able to make her own choices and control her destiny inofar as any individual can.
    The core of feminism is to battle "patriarchy". If you don't believe in patriarchy, you're effectively not a feminist as you will never agree with anyone else who identifies as one.

There's no such thing as "social rights". Long as it's legal, people have a right to express sexism in everyday life. Just not in government institutions.

Can you show me a single example of feminists campaigning for more political responsibility? How can they take responsibility for ANYTHING when they blame every world evil on the Patriarchy?

Women should be paid the same for doing the same work as a man.
    [url]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christina-hoff-sommers/wage-gap_b_2073804.html[/url]

Women should not be subjected to discrimination or abuse simply because they are women.
    In tying that to patriarchy, abusive women get absolved of blame by feminists as they are considered hypo-agents and their actions merely "retailiation" against patriarchal influence.

"Women should not be barred from doing something a man can do based solely on their gender*."

They can, but men can't do everything a woman can. Can't financially abort his child for example. Feminists are in fact against equalizing that one. Only MRA's campaign for it and feminists usually consider MRA's "Misogynists" (see above).

Anyone who believes in the freedom to be in charge of their own life insofar as any individual can should consider themselves a feminist.
    No, that's called being a Libertarian.
    *So if you are advertising for a new employee and the final choice is between a man and a woman, your decision should be based on their skills, not their gender.
    And the fact that the man won't take maternity leave. Not running a charity here. But you know what, as women are doing much better then men at all levels of education, she's more likely to even reach the job's minimum qualifications, so she'll likely get the position. While getting frustrated that there are no "marriageable" men at her level out there.

So there you have it. Feminism is not a man-hating ideology based around putting women ahead of men**, but simply the ideal that we should not be discriminated against because of our gender.
    Again, don't judge movements on their ideals. Judge them on their outcomes and behaviour.

**There is an extremist feminist element that do believe in such things, and they are the single most damaging thing to women's rights there is. Equality can not be replaced as a goal by revenge.
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muuFygvXPAM[/url]

You mean like every single woman on that panel and in the audience? A randomly chosen audience of American women by the way.

Kind of like the writer of Schrodinger's rapist? A well received feminist work that calls all men potential rapist and tries to remind the "Good guys" (their words), "DON'T RAPE". (again their words).

Like how we need to remind all black people "DON'T STEAL". DON'T KILL". Except that's bigoted isnt it.

I'm not gonna call myself a feminist. Don't call any characters I make feminist either.

Chapter-Master

there is so much wrong there I hardly know where to begin
    Last edited by Kirsten; 12-17-2014 at 07:02 AM.

Lol, what a cretinous little twit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TBM View Post
    And the fact that the man won't take maternity leave.
    Paternity leave.

Checkmate atheists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TBM View Post
    Can you show me a single example of feminists campaigning for more political responsibility?
    [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s_suffrage"]Yes[/URL]