BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 887 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 387787837877885886887888889897937987 ... LastLast
Results 8,861 to 8,870 of 10008
    Banned

Well gender swapping is rule #63, don't know any MLP specific one tho.

Chapter-Master

I'm just inventing them.

rule 134 if you can imagine it theres pony of it.
    rule 135 if there isn't there will be.
    rule 163 gender swapped pony of it...

makes perfect sense.

example

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Jtfc...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Occuli Imperator

[URL="https://www.gov.uk/using-the-road-159-to-203/overtaking-162-to-169"]Rule 163[/URL]
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Ah, Internet Adverts.

Just on Den of Geek, sniffing around for tidbits to tickle my fancy.

And at the end of every article, as with many websites, pointless links to stories I have no interest in whatsoever.

Some of them are frankly concerning. Poorly photoshopped images of 'celebs with clearly fake teeth'. Another promises '10 Child Star who became HOT (emphasis by the advertiser)'.

Nothing even remotely interesting or useful to society. Just more 'articles' about how women should be valued first and foremost on their level of attraction, and balanced against their 'flaw'.

Want more? Try paying attention when watching telly. Adverts aimed at women use terms such as 'flaws, imperfections' and that when talking about skin.

Thankfully, I have a Y chromosome, so I'm not affected by 'viral' marketing campaigns aimed at making me paranoid.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I also have a small supply of WW1 era tin helmets. One for me, one for you, one for 40kGamer, and oh no. I've run out!

TBM, at short notice and great expense, I've sort of knocked one up for you. Didn't have tin (they've all got chilli in them. Or soup), so I've had to use Tinfoil....

Thanks mate! I simply love tin (or tin-foil) hats!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Hi The_Gonk,

The rules of the Oubliette are slightly different to the rest of the forum, so while it is policed it is done so with a lighter touch than the rest of the forum.
    3 & 5 are sorta downers.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    also most people who pop in and go "I disagree with feminism why can't we be equal/men have issues too!" actually tend to be the ones who never back up their arguments with any form of facts (or as we've just seen post links to things that say the opposite), or [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?32827-A-Crash-Course-in-Feminism-Mk-II-(or-why-everyone-should-be-a-feminist)&p=464783&viewfull=1#post464783"]ignore the long, detailed responses[/URL] given to them and [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?32827-A-Crash-Course-in-Feminism-Mk-II-(or-why-everyone-should-be-a-feminist)&p=464890&viewfull=1#post464890"]ask the same things over[/URL] and over before complaining nobody [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?32827-A-Crash-Course-in-Feminism-Mk-II-(or-why-everyone-should-be-a-feminist)&p=466605&viewfull=1#post466605"]wants to have a discussion[/URL], so yeah, we tend to get irritated and frustrated when someone comes in and says complete rubbish with no backing or that is blatantly false or has been disproved then cries foul if we call them on it.
    And some of us agree completely with the sentiment but disagree with the approach. Regardless though It's good to have open discourse on these important subjects. We can't hope to address things if we don't understand where everyone is coming from... and having to repeat oneself over and over is the price of educating others. If an issue isn't near and dear to one's heart, we tend to neither understand it or seriously even think about it.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Banned

Indeed, but people also need to realise that EG, Kirsten and myself (the main "offenders" of nega-feminism) are just three people (well EG isn't, we all know she's not really a real person but that's besides the point) so saying things like "EG is rude and gets wound up so I no longer support feminism" just makes you, the general you, seem like you're not really interested in or understanding of women's issues.

I mean if you go into a game store and have a bad run in with some dude fair cop you don't go back. But go into a hospital and a doctor is rude you don't call for an end to medicine do you? You go to another doctor. Because feminism is a life and death issue, as has been illustrated so may times by this very thread, so if you're aware of that not supporting the efforts of it because one person discussing it in their spare time said something is just... I don't know how to put it.

And on the repetition my point was less explaining it to new people and more that there have been times, where I have linked above, where someone asked a question - lets say (to avoid dredging up history too much) "how to bake a cake" and got an answer. They then ignored that answer and said what was effectively the same question. They then got a second, very long, answer but ignored it to complain that nobody was telling them how to bake a cake. It was then pointed out that they had been repeatedly told how to bake a cake and that if they didn't like the recipe given they need to say what was wrong with it than attacking people about not giving them one as they'd clearly been given many different versions of the same cake.
    Then a second person comes along and effectively goes "yeah... but how do you bake a cake?" and then when I point out we've just explained at length how to bake a cake they say they disagree with the method. So then I get annoyed and testily comment that it's been explained over and over again how to do and simply asking the question again won't yield a different recipe and if you want it gluten free or vanilla instead of chocolate you actually have to say that as simply asking how to bake a cake won't get any further than is already given. Then they say they didn't think they asked a question despite their post clearly having two in it. *calming breath*

Metaphor brought to you by my eating while typing.

So it's really, really annoying to literally explain a thing when asked, then literally - I can link you to where this happened just a few pages ago! - be asked the same thing. Almost never do people post factual rebuttals, hell most of the time they barely even respond to any evidence presented like the masses of studies, statistics, personal evidence and so on, then just go off on some tangent about how it's our attitudes that make them not support feminism... which if that's the only reason you don't support stopping a culture that leads to massive amounts of violence that is viewed as justified how do you do that? Like for reals what mental gymnastics do you have to go through to see all this evidence of a society where violence against women is not only permitted but encouraged and not support efforts to stop it?

Because if these people never dispute the answers they're given (which includes the facts about all that), they have to agree with them don't they? It'd just be weird for them to ask questions and be given long, carefully worded and sourced answers that specifically address all their points only to ignore it completely and harp on about how feminism is wrong because reasons? I mean it's not like they're not actually reading the answers or ignoring them when it clashes with their world view, surely the only issue in this thread is that the women here aren't constantly nice and helpful and calm all the time, right?

There may be a tiny bit of sarcasm in that last part due to irony overload :/
    Last edited by Gotthammer; 12-18-2014 at 09:22 AM.

I am actually a hypothetical construct.

But Gott is 100% right, if you are more concerned about how feminism sells itself or how the message is delivered than actually addressing the problems then you are part of the problem. Because women are literally dying every minute because of the patriarchy and if you are sitting there thinking 'yeah I can see why that's a problem, but darnit feminists are so mean' then you are placing your feelings and sense of comfort over the lives of women.

There is also a difference between starting a discussion by asking something like 'I don't understand what feminists mean when they talk about the male gaze, can't I even look at women now?' and wanting an answer and coming into a topic like this and basically demanding that we drop everything and justify feminism to YOU in a way that makes YOU comfortable.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Good news - [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30532087]coercian and mental abuse is now a crime in the UK[/url]

Bad news - It's 2014, and only now is coercian and mental abuse in a relationship a crime.

Tell me how we don't need feminism again?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks