BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 101 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 10008

I guess....

But I also question the need to bring a baby into a restaurant. Mainly on account I'm a bit of a miserable sod when it's comes to adult environments and the introduction of kids into them.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Not overly keen on it myself to be frank.

Basically what it boils down to, in my opinion, is that there is nothing shameful in a womans breasts and public breastfeeding should be something that shouldn't even warrant notice. It's normal, it's healthy and if a woman chooses to do it rather than bottle feed she shouldn't be made to feel like she has to hide it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I think women should be encouraged to breast feed. Not because I like boobs (though I do), but because you know, it's what they're actually for....

Hence my favour for buddy products, like expressers. If you're breast feeding, you can stock up, and still feed baby anywhere.

And yeah. Nobody should be ashamed of their bodies, ever. I'm quite happy with mine, despite my gut.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

Nothing quite makes a women feel good as being milked like a cow...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

They're a practical solution all round. Not only does it mean baby can be fed anywhere, but it also means anyone can do the feeding. Like you know, Dad. That way Mum can go off and actually have a life, whilst the sprog gets nature's best regardless.

I'd use one, especially if I follow the family tradition of spawning an unnatural number of twins (and sometimes triplets). Mother had one in the early 80s when I assume they must have been quite primitive, she said it was like a bellows and almost degrading to use but still worthwhile even if it didn't completely negate the need for regular breastfeeding.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I guess....

But I also question the need to bring a baby into a restaurant. Mainly on account I'm a bit of a miserable sod when it's comes to adult environments and the introduction of kids into them.
    Depends on the child and the restaurant. I have always taken my kids to eat out when I can. I think because they are used to the environment and know what's expected from them they behave themselves. It also helps broaden their culinary horizons too, as foodies yourselves you can appreciate that I'm sure. Not many parents can say their kids are as adventurous with their grub as mine. Tapas is a firm favorite with my two.
    As for breast pumps and expressing. Horrible invention when your mrs realises you "can" help with the two am feeds.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Can't you just help by fetching the child, plopping it in position, and returning it to it's bed when it's full? All while the mrs. remains asleep?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Surely you help by putting a bit of whiskey in the jar-o and making sure the sprog (and you) get a good night's sleep?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Occuli Imperator

Possibly this here, though it goes on to more general themes: [url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23488550[/url]

Prof Grifiths - "Psychologists use a word called disinhibition - it's why people shop, gamble, have sex online...The internet is a non face-to-face, non-threatening, non-stigmatising, perceived to be an anonymous environment. People reveal their deepest darkest secrets online... and online, because you are distanced, people will abuse other people."

Anonymously people are cruel, look at the Darren Brown TV show he did:
    "In the second episode, aired on 28 October at 9 pm and called "Gameshow", Brown hosted a game show purportedly called "Remote Control," asking a masked audience to vote for the escalating outcome of the fate of one contestant in an attempt to demonstrate the effect of deindividuation. The audience were given two choices, positive and negative, that would affect the life of a man named Kris. As the show went on, the choices grew darker but the audience did not seem to notice. Towards the end of the show, the audience reach the point where they are happy to see Kris' television destroyed and Kris kidnapped by masked thugs. The theory is that taking away people's individuality and encouraging them to regard themselves as just part of a crowd makes them act in a way that will sometimes conflict with their personal morality."
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni