BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 214 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314714 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 10008
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Well judging from that it does seem to perpetuate the notion that feminism is bad and somewhat laughable.
    I think actually it's described as what would be a redeeming feature if he wasn't utterly mad.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Occuli Imperator

The line between madness and genius is only measure by sucess.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Badrukk View Post
    I think actually it's described as what would be a redeeming feature if he wasn't utterly mad.
    Maybe. Regardless it's not exactly a big issue one way or the other, unless it's handled really badly in game or something.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

Maybe. Regardless it's not exactly a big issue one way or the other, unless it's handled really badly in game or something.
    Nah it's fine there are no girls in the game...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

GTAV and misogyny

[url]http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-09-20-gta-v-may-not-be-misogynist-but-its-supporters-are[/url]

"GTA V itself is worthy of a nuanced discussion about its treatment of women - but the response to any attempt at that discussion so far has been absolutely, unequivocally misogynist. The game may or may not have a problem with women. Its ardent defenders absolutely hate women."
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Nah it's fine there are no girls in the game...
    But in the later one's where there are (and in the cartoons) he shows equal respect for strong female opponents to male, and never derides people based on gender.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    GTAV and misogyny

[url]http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-09-20-gta-v-may-not-be-misogynist-but-its-supporters-are[/url]

"GTA V itself is worthy of a nuanced discussion about its treatment of women - but the response to any attempt at that discussion so far has been absolutely, unequivocally misogynist. The game may or may not have a problem with women. Its ardent defenders absolutely hate women."
    Good article. I actually read a review of GTA V where the male reviewer said the casual misogyny was tedious and unnecessary and there were like 200 comments trashing him for it, despite giving the game 9/10. Incidentally most of the complaint from female friends about the game have been more about the casual racism than the sexism.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Badrukk View Post
    But in the later one's where there are (and in the cartoons) he shows equal respect for strong female opponents to male, and never derides people based on gender.
    I would thank you for not pointing out the obvious flaws in my trolling

Chapter-Master

Good article. I actually read a review of GTA V where the male reviewer said the casual misogyny was tedious and unnecessary and there were like 200 comments trashing him for it, despite giving the game 9/10. Incidentally most of the complaint from female friends about the game have been more about the casual racism than the sexism.
    It's made in the UK, it's hardly surprising...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

To contrast GTA with Saints Row for a moment, both treat supporting female characters quite poorly. they also treat male supporting characters quite poorly. The reason Saints Row isn't misogynist in my opinion is because they also give you the framework and encourage you to create an incredibly bad arse female character who dominates all the other male supporting characters ans is really just brilliant. GTA is still a boys club, so it opens itself up to charges of misogyny. Whether it is or not I can't say as I've not played it, just read reviews and watched some videos.