BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 223 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323723 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 10008
    Chapter-Master

women shouldn't go to college, they should stay at home and be mothers...

[url]http://churchandstate.org.uk/2013/09/catholic-website-says-colleges-arent-for-women-learn-to-be-a-wife-and-mother/[/url]
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Occuli Imperator

The only comment on this video:
    Is this satire? It's not possible that this type of thinking exists in 2013.
    Fringe loon is fringe loon.

Who is Raylan Alleman? He identifies himself as conservative Catholic and part of a lay organisation of two. I think it is fair to say fringe opinion is fringe opinion. Certainly he cannot speak official for the RC church anymore than I can officially speak for all Men.

Important to note is the word "lay" as in a person from the "laity" as in a person who isn't a priest. As in a person who hasn't received theological training.

I am more interested in his course on "Resurrecting Manhood"

Edit:
    This website is so poor that it manages to spell Blog incorrectly.

Edit 2:
    The Pill is an Abuse of Women.

Edit 3:
    Catholic couples are often being taught today that the wife is in charge of the family and the husband is to take care of every whim of his wife as expressed in Fr. Larry Richards' book "Be a Man." This is precisely the problem with the vast majority of marriages today in the West because it contradicts Church teaching and the Natural Law.
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 09-21-2013 at 04:51 PM.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

While I can't think of a derogatory term for a man who gets around, one who impregnates-and-runs is known a "deadbeat dad."
    It's not quite the same, though, is it? The alliteration makes it sound comedic, rather than cutting.

I've never heard boys calling each other "deadbeat dads" in school, but I've heard plenty of girls called "sluts" and "whores"...
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    It's not quite the same, though, is it? The alliteration makes it sound comedic, rather than cutting.

I've never heard boys calling each other "deadbeat dads" in school, but I've heard plenty of girls called "sluts" and "whores"...
    In the states, guys were often referred to as "man whores," "male sluts," or just simply "aholes."

Brother-Captain

A friend of mine uses the term "trollop" for slutty male behavior. I just call them "sluts," because that's precisely what they are. I see no need to qualify it by using the "man" prefix. Slutty behavior is slutty behavior.
    Last edited by Rissan4ever; 09-21-2013 at 08:33 PM. Reason: typo
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Chapter-Master

good video

That's a great video.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

That's an amazing video.

AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

a lot of those men look like Ray Liotta and Willem Dafoe met in a dark alleyway and had a secret lovechild...