BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 233 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333733 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 10008

Yup.

Seems it was constant harrasment that the woman suffered, and it was ruled that she lost her job for rebuffing.

And granted it's a short enough article (6 paragraphs, tops), but to open with such an obviously misleading headline and paragraph? Someone's showing their agenda!

EDIT...

But is this as damaging as one might think?

It certainly seems that sexism and that continues in the workplace. Could it be argued that articles such as this, with their sensationalist undertones/overtones, encourage people who are victims to come forward and report this? I think there's a definite case for this view.

However, on the other hand, one could say the article encourages false claims instead, where perhaps a genuine mistimed comment, or 'hands lightly on the shoulder as you move past' is blown out of proportion in the search for a pay out? Does the implication that the pay out was out of proportion to a slapped bum damage the wider cause?

Both have their various merits in terms of veracity, but clearly one is pretty negative....does the positive outweigh it though?
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 09-26-2013 at 06:37 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I don't think it's harmful particularly, just irritating.

Hehe, oh tumblr:

im like afraid to even talk to girls without their consent
    Good
    Keep it that way.

Also, trigger warning, really nasty:

The first image is Thea Wellband, who plays the teenage rape victim in Unwatchable.

The second image is Rose, nine years old, who was raped so violently her hips are permanently damaged.
    I've seen Unwatcheable, it's a brilliant film but utterly horrendous. It depicts every day events from the Congo in the English country side.
    Last edited by eldargal; 09-26-2013 at 09:32 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

That sounds appropriately named...

And a male comedian[URL="http://tinyurl.com/pgcruzo"] questions[/URL] the survival of the species.
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 09-27-2013 at 02:40 AM.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

that wonderful forum double posting
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 09-27-2013 at 02:39 AM. Reason: technical hiccup

He sums it up nicely.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

It is illegal for women to go topless in most cities, yet you can buy a magazine of a woman without her top on at any 7-11 store. So, you can sell breasts, but you cannot wear breasts, in America.
    -from Tumblr.

Chapter-Master

yeah some of the things that pop up just by typing MLP into tumblr... *shudder*

If a guy starts saying what you are doing is reverse sexist, he is obviously threatened by what you are doing. He’s threatened because he thinks there are only two ways to be: powerful or powerless. He assumes you asserting you rights is a way to take power away from him. He assumes you wanna “switch places” with him. He knows you get treated like **** and he knows he gets advantages from your imposed inferiority. He’s fearing REVENGE, girlfriend. His fear of “reverse sexism” is basically an admission on his part that he knows you get treated like **** and does not want to switch places with you.
    This.

also this:
    So, yeah. I know you’re tired of hearing about rape culture. But I’m tired of my friends getting raped.
    I know you’re tired of hearing about abortion. I am too. So stop trying to tell me what to do with my uterus, and I promise you won’t hear another word from me about it.
    I know men and women are different from each other. I’m just tired of that fact being used to excuse the inexcusable.
    I know you’re tired of hearing about income inequality. But **** you, pay us.
    This is how it works. We get mad, we fight, we get tired, we get mad, we start again. Rinse, repeat. Feminism isn’t without its flaws, and it doesn’t seem able to speak with one voice or crystallize answers on the darker, stickier aspects of human nature and sexuality. But if I may get Rumsfeldian for a minute, this is the army we have. The fight comes to us whether we seek it or not, whether we want it or not, and whether we are ready or not.

Chapter-Master

I disagree with the top one. Reverse Sexism is just as bad.

Its just one section of society getting an advantage over the other, but not in the traditional direction.

In ideal world every one is equal. Thats what everyone should want. Women (or ethnic groups/religions) getting an advatnage over the other group is now better
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Occuli Imperator

I find the term "reverse sexist" to be a sexist term, it implies that there is a correct way to do it. Being sexist is being sexist regardless of what roles are.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni