BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 245 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345745 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 10008
    Chapter-Master

[URL="http://zellas.tumblr.com/post/62847330205/fitpeanut-this-needed-to-be-on-my-blog"]This[/URL] should probably be here.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24355632]So, every cloud and that[/url].

This is oddly encouraging. As covered many times in this very thread, a lot of assaults go unreported. This surge shows that tide might be starting to turn, with the victims feeling able to broach it.

I just hope that some right wing drivel rag doesn't equate it to increased false claims against celebrities just to get easy column inches (though I tip my hat to the press as a whole following Michael LeVell's acquital for not launching into a tirade about false claims).
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Interesting all around this stuff.
    Goes to show that the biggest step we can take towards getting the real idea of the scale of the problem is de-stigmatising the victim.
    Then we need to work harder to find ways to get every case tried and every rapist convicted fairly.
    Then we need to fire the ****ers into the sun.
    Just sayin'
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    [URL="http://zellas.tumblr.com/post/62847330205/fitpeanut-this-needed-to-be-on-my-blog"]This[/URL] should probably be here.
    Lol, so true.

Occuli Imperator

It is a step forwards.

There was a soul/rnb/hiphop/hopscotch chappie on Breakfast who said that the whole industry needs to reconsider how it refers to women and how that then influences people who listen to that music view women, pity it was a 30s sound bite and not a discussion around that whole issue.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Captain

Remember watching a music video to this effect.
    Lupe Fiasco or something....
    It was very compelling.
    I wouldn't use the word ***** to describe someone unless it was meant as a direct and personal insult based on their behavior (not gender), or I was being teasingly catty.
    But it really highlighted how the perspective given by using derogatory language as the common descriptor can be exteremely damaging in both terms of attitude and interaction.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Badrukk View Post
    Remember watching a music video to this effect.
    Lupe Fiasco or something....
    It was very compelling.
    I wouldn't use the word ***** to describe someone unless it was meant as a direct and personal insult based on their behavior (not gender), or I was being teasingly catty.
    But it really highlighted how the perspective given by using derogatory language as the common descriptor can be exteremely damaging in both terms of attitude and interaction.
    Exactly, if everyone calls someone something then it dehumanisies them, it is one of the reasons in hostage situations the advice is to try and make the hostage seem like a person.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Captain

I think there's a simple standard.
    Think of someone female in your family you care about (sister, mother, gran, whatever). Would you be ok with someone treating her the way you're treating this individual right now? If not, you should probably pull it back and show some goddam respect.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Badrukk View Post
    I think there's a simple standard.
    Think of someone female in your family you care about (sister, mother, gran, whatever). Would you be ok with someone treating her the way you're treating this individual right now? If not, you should probably pull it back and show some goddam respect.
    I'm not so sure. I am concerned that some of this behaviour is so ingrained that even within families it is seen as ok. I am thinking slightly wider now than the hopscotch group where women are peices of meat to be sold and brought

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I'm not so sure. I am concerned that some of this behaviour is so ingrained that even within families it is seen as ok. I am thinking slightly wider now than the hopscotch group where women are peices of meat to be sold and brought
    See your point. It's a rule I apply to myself, but it may not be appropriate.