BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 422 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432472522922 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 10008
    Iron Father

Ok let's change the ebb and flow a little as it's getting a little cyclical.

What's the thoughts on the current retirement age in the UK.
    This is one area where men are discriminated against. An article I recently read claims men in general work longer hours, commute further, have a greater risk of redundancy and derive less job satisfaction, we retire later and generally get to die earlier too. So as were all "feminists" how do we feel about this ?
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Brother-Captain

What the retirement age in the UK? Here in the Colonies, it's 65.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Iron Father

The age at which you can claim State Pension is changing. It is currently 65 for men. State Pension age for women is gradually increasing from 60 and will reach 65 by November 2018. State Pension age for both men and women will then increase to 66 by October 2020 and after that to at least 68.

The Government is also putting through a Pensions Bill, outlining proposals to introduce a flat-rate, single-tier State Pension.

I suppose the big question there is if it's linked to how genders are treated in the workplace, or which workplaces have significant gender imbalances. I'd guess the latter, but don't have any sources.

Additionally, from what research I've seen, the average age of death for men is younger because we're less willing to go to a doctor for minor pains.

Still, male-focused issues might be better off in their own thread? This one's a space dedicated to discussing the problems facing women in the world today, and such places of discussion are unfortunately few and far between!
    Last edited by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer; 01-15-2014 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Typos & On-topic/Off-topic thoughts

Banned

Yeah, just because men have the same problems, or even have problems women don't have, doesn't mean that issues women face should be ignored. I mean how often is a discussion about an issue here that has a serious effect on a large group of women not met with "here's how we should fix this", but "well men have that problem too, stop complaining"? - and even then it's never put forward as a way to address the issue for men, but just to tell those talking about women's issues to be quiet.

What Gott said. No one is arguing that men don't have problems, but women also have problems and we have much less power in society to combat them. Then when we try and raise awareness of the issues we get told to be quiet because men also have problems.

On a lighter note:
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Yeah, just because men have the same problems, or even have problems women don't have, doesn't mean that issues women face should be ignored. I mean how often is a discussion about an issue here that has a serious effect on a large group of women not met with "here's how we should fix this", but "well men have that problem too, stop complaining"? - and even then it's never put forward as a way to address the issue for men, but just to tell those talking about women's issues to be quiet.

Oh I thought feminism was about equality for both men and women. But when I bring up an issue that shows men to be discrimated against, it's shush we're not about men.

I'm going to leave this here and I'm done, basically proves to me that most of what's been said over the last 4000 posts has been complete bull.

[url]http://www.freewebs.com/feminism-evaluated/[/url]

You ladies keep wallowing in your own feminist movement, I think you will find the rest of the world has moved on.
    Last edited by Deadlift; 01-16-2014 at 01:30 AM.

'Wah, feminism doesn't give me the attention I deserve as a man, wah'

I'll tell you what, I'll start addressing inequalities in the retirement age for men when society addresses the gender pay gap for women, devalued feminine labour, rape culture, objectification of women in the media, lack of female representation in popular culture, the lack of female representation in government, the lack of female corporate leadership and the culture of patriarchy that facilitates this, how does that sound?

Last edited by eldargal; 01-16-2014 at 01:48 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

Deadlift
    I feel your pain, and know the frustration that comes with trying to honestly debate an ideological adherent who claims to have all the answers and then twists the facts and evidence to suit their needs. I’m surprised I have any hair left and not completely bald after years of trying to have honest discussions with these types of people. This is why I tend to ignore most ideologues when they make their bull**** claims without any honest facts or evidence to back up them up. It’s basically a lost cause and a waste of my time.
    Eldar gals just proved the point. Lose the debate, resort to name calling.
    "It is better to die for the emperor than live for yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fixit View Post
    Deadlift
    I feel your pain, and know the frustration that comes with trying to honestly debate an ideological adherent who claims to have all the answers and then twists the facts and evidence to suit their needs. I’m surprised I have any hair left and not completely bald after years of trying to have honest discussions with these types of people. This is why I tend to ignore most ideologues when they make their bull**** claims without any honest facts or evidence to back up them up. It’s basically a lost cause and a waste of my time.
    Eldar gals just proved the point. Lose the debate, resort to name calling.
    Oh good, the misogynist trolls are starting to arrive.