BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 440 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450490540940 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 10008

Yup. Fantastic satirist.

Particularly as you can just enjoy his books whether you're a fan of satire or not. It's all very gentle and non-preachy.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    There are some of the mainstay characters that I just don't think a female voice could do justice to, the obvious ones have been mentioned but others like Ratchet, Ironhide, Bumblebee (not the bay version) Soundwave, none of the Dinobots or Constructicons could or should have female voices. Not against the idea of female transformers at all, but I think (as has been done) they should be characters in their own right and not just female versions of what's gone before.
    I must disagree with your assessment of Soundwave.

Iron Father

Soundwave, really ? The Decepticon communications officer, he sounds the most robotic of the lot of the them. Well he did in the 80s cartoons.
    Last edited by Deadlift; 01-21-2014 at 04:26 PM.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Occuli Imperator

While relating to interactions between male and female cyclists it does have applications elsewhere:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    From a blog:

From a blog:
    Here’s how not to be a dick to a female cyclist in six simple steps*

1. Do not fetishise her

Women on bikes don’t want your pervy comments any more than they want your rude ones. Victoria Pendleton probably gets a tiny bit of sick in her mouth every time some guy tells her how much he likes to look at her in cycling shorts.

Many women already feel self-conscious putting it all on show, so make like you haven’t noticed it, okay?

If you have some creepy thing about tight Lycra, keep it to yourself, or look online for some like-minded weirdos to share it with instead.

2. Do not harass her

I know you might not be one of them, but those guys exist. The ones who shout things out of car windows, or worse, film your arse as you ride along (yep, it happens). Don’t do it - it’s probably illegal and it’s never ended well for any guy who’s tried it with me.

3. Don’t put mean comments under reviews of women’s clothing

When we review women’s clothing at road.cc, we do it so women know whether a bit of gear is worth forking out for. When we photograph a woman wearing it, we do it so she gets a vague idea of whether she likes the look of it.

What we don’t do is photograph it so you get to leer all over that woman in tight clothing, comment on whether or not she is ‘really’ a cyclist or suggest some super-helpful diet or exercise tips for her to look more like a ‘real’ cyclist.

Besides being unpleasant for the woman in the picture, take a second to think about how an 'ordianary' woman thinking about taking up riding is going to feel about the reception she might get.

4. Don’t put mean comments under reviews of men’s clothing, either

One of our male reviewers often gets mocked for being too skinny, and some bloke last week decided to point out that he doesn’t have 'proper cyclists legs' - which was quite funny as he's just got a semi-pro contract with a Belgian team for the season.

Just don’t body snark - it just makes you look like a dick.

5. Do speak out

If you see a woman (or a man) getting abused for any reason, do speak out. Tell that person their Tweet wasn’t cool. Call out the pervy guy on the club run. The person on the receiving end will be grateful and if 0.00001% of knobs change their attitude because of what you said, that’s still progress.

6. Don’t give unsolicited ‘advice’

The girls you know who cycle might really want your advice on what protein shakes to have for breakfast, or how sprint intervals will make them leaner, or whatever. If they want it, they’ll ask.

If they don’t, they’ll just carry on riding whatever bike they chose, wearing whatever they picked out for the purpose, eating whatever tastes good. But thanks for your concern.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Horrendous comments from Roache about abuse victims made on tv

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25828271[/url]
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Yeah. Going on his broadcast attitude and the allegations, it's not looking good for him.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    male obsession with lesbians is one of those ideas that seems understandable until you think about it in any way
    Look, we have two brains and enough blood to run one

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    male obsession with lesbians is one of those ideas that seems understandable until you think about it in any way
    Yeah, my sister and her wife kinda killed it for me...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

So why didn't your other sister and her husband kill hetero for you? O_o

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25402020]Well played Debenhams, well played[/url]

They've introduced Size 16 mannequins to their window displays on account that's the UK lady average.