BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 500 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 4004504904984995005015025105506001000 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 10008
    Chapter-Master

These gifs don't take long to appear do they?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

<3 Elsa for realsies.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Occuli Imperator

Of course now, mock the week whenever a woman is on the panel the question will be are you there because of your ability or as a result of the new policy....
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Clearly policy as didn't most of the regular females say they were no longer appearing when that was announced?

Occuli Imperator

I don't know to be honest.

This is one of the issues with quotas is that it can become tokenism, or worse still the maximum they can have on the show.

If you look at stand-up comics they tend to be overwhelmingly male. I am certainly not saying females can't be funny, or better or funnier than males at all. I think comedy really isn't dependent on gender, however, it there are more males than females then you would expect the same to be seen in panel shows.

Then the argument comes about that because females don't see female comices it then becomes a socially unacceptable thing to do so you need to highlight them to say it is ok for women to be in comedy roles.

This whole issue could have been prevented had they brought in the policy but not annouced it with fan fare.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

When it was discussed on local radio (the breakfast show presenter is a comedian and runs a comedy club) the presenter said he reckons there aren't as many female comedians as they aren't daft enough to put in the long hours travelling round the country sleeping on train stations for next to nowt that most comedians spend years doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I don't know to be honest.

This is one of the issues with quotas is that it can become tokenism, or worse still the maximum they can have on the show.

If you look at stand-up comics they tend to be overwhelmingly male. I am certainly not saying females can't be funny, or better or funnier than males at all. I think comedy really isn't dependent on gender, however, it there are more males than females then you would expect the same to be seen in panel shows.

Then the argument comes about that because females don't see female comices it then becomes a socially unacceptable thing to do so you need to highlight them to say it is ok for women to be in comedy roles.

This whole issue could have been prevented had they brought in the policy but not annouced it with fan fare.
    I also find female comics (or comediennes, as they were once referred to) a wee bit samey.

Not to say that stops them being funny, very far from it, but aways...much the same.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks