BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 504 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 4404454494502503504505506514554604 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 10008
    Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    "of the time" lol
    You have the vote now, what more do you want? Equal pay?!
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Occuli Imperator

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-26465106[/url]
    A fashion doll with reasonably standard human body proportions - as opposed to the exaggerated dimensions of a Barbie - is going to be manufactured. Why has it taken so long, asks Denise Winterman.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Eww, it's all fat.
    "What are they gonna say? That he was a kind man? That he was a wise man? That he had plans, man? That he had wisdom? Bullsh*t, man!"

Banned

Chapter-Master

*head desk*

swordsman here have a tin hat...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Banned

[URL="http://riansygh.tumblr.com/"]Mar 4th[/URL]
    Books are for everyone.
    Also, the Maximum Ride series was great, suck an egg Lady. They ended up leaving with Ender’s Game. :| boo

[URL="http://riansygh.tumblr.com/"]Mar 5th[/URL]
    Today I witnessed something amazing. Almost in stark contrast to yesterday, today I saw tangible impact of lady-representation in comics.

At the bookstore I work at, we have a dedicated Adventure Time section. This family came in and those kids were SO EXCITED to see their favourite characters in comics. I talked them through each OGN and series compilation, explaining what they all were and in what order they should be read, and this little girl’s entire life was changed. You could see it on her face.

The moment I mentioned Kate Leth (and that, yes, she is a girl.) this little girl’s face lit up like Christmas morning. I don’t know if it just never occurred to her that girls can work in comics but the excitement and wonder that left the store in her was a privilege to see. I ended up selling them the Fionna & Cake’s, all the OGN’s, and an AT doodle book. She left begging her dad to help her learn how to draw Marceline comics. (And he was happy to comply!)

Kate Leth has left an everlasting impression on this little girl just by existing and working in the industry. I honestly hope to someday be able to see such an impact on someone from my own work. Ladies in comics is important. The representation on the page, and behind them, is important. Having a reflection of yourself in the content you enjoy is important. I hope that little girl grows up to be a famous comic author someday.

It was a very good day.
    [URL="http://riansygh.tumblr.com/"]by Rian Sygh[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    *head desk*

swordsman here have a tin hat...
    Have a harness, for the next time you're walking near the sar-chasm.
    "What are they gonna say? That he was a kind man? That he was a wise man? That he had plans, man? That he had wisdom? Bullsh*t, man!"

Chapter-Master

you forgot the smiley face or the italics or the tags [sarcasm] [/sarcasm]

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Or this?

I remember when I was a kid (~9 years old) and me and my mates played Metal Gear Solid. Not the video-game, but played outside pointing sticks at each other saying "bang bang", and I was always Sniper Wolf. My friends were always "Hey, you can be a guy-Sniper Wolf if you want to" and I'd go "Nah, it's alright, I'll play a girl."

No male guilt or desperation to prove anything, just thought I'd share that, because it's something I like to reminisce on and chuckle, in a world where kindergarten boys aren't allowed by their teachers to wear princess-outfits (that wasn't me, that was in the news )

That might be masculinism rather than feminism, but we probably don't need a masculinism-thread, hehe.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 60-second swordsman View Post
    No male guilt or desperation to prove anything, just thought I'd share that, because it's something I like to reminisce on and chuckle, in a world where kindergarten boys aren't allowed by their teachers to wear princess-outfits (that wasn't me, that was in the news )
    Yet you still feel the need to clarify that you weren't one of those kids, so don't be so sure. And it's not masculinism, as it's still going with one of the core arguments of feminism - that doing feminine coded things is in no way shameful (regardless of your gender). Women are made to feel they are worth less than men as their (stereotypical) roles are less important, their likes more frivolous. And men who are associated with those roles and likes are seen as week for being like women. "You're acting like a girl" "p*ssy" "let's move it ladies" etc are all insults based around a man being like a woman. And it's just like the moral panic of a young boy dressing as a princess, yet not batting an eyelid when a girl wants to be a typically male character.
    Or doing it without a trace of irony:

Last edited by Gotthammer; 03-07-2014 at 12:44 AM.