BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 573 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 73473523563571572573574575583623673 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,730 of 10008
    Chapter-Master

actually I would love to see 100 Bullets as a film series, love those.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Occuli Imperator

I am not sure 2 is "a lot", not even for wedding bombings in the region.
    The whole point of schoolgirl abduction was i) financially motivated, ii) morally against the education of women.
    Now I am not sure what financial benefit there was or what theological opposition for the bombing was since "normal" weddings as they are the foundation of family life and all that

Also 2008 it was a democratic majority in both the senate and the house, I thought it was the republicans were teh christian extremists...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I have a friend in Queensland and have been hearing a lot about these anti biker measures, and all the other crap going on which honestly looks like an attempt to set up a fascist state.
    eh the laws like that and the anti-protester laws dont worry me so much.

None of them have been used and its highly unlikely any of them would stand up to a legal challenge (some have already been knocked back by the courts)

what worries me is the media spin bull**** that we get.

Had a protest involving thousands around the country....not even mentioned in the paper, but the scary part was the community attacking the protesters and asking what right they had to voice their opinion.....

yeah Australia is going fascist and it scare me
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Abbott doesn't even seem to be subtle about it, or the state legislators, it is astonishing that such things were even considered, never mind passed, even if they wouldn't stand up to scrutiny.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

I for one have already ordered my hugo bosse uniform and coal scuttle helmet

realistically most of us are hoping that the greens, labour and palmer united (who for a mining magnate seems really reasonable and middle of the road politically) block supply in the senate and force a double dissolution.

we'll know in a few weeks.

and its not all bad, labour is back in SA so the feds cant just do whatever they want (most stuff in australia requires agreement between the states and feds) and the libs in NSW are currently being consistently scalped by the ICAC
    Last edited by daboarder; 05-06-2014 at 07:04 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Captain

Still, things have gotten bad enough that I spent yesterday looking up the immigration requirements for New Zealand, taking a hop across the Tasman is seeming more and more appealing.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Chapter-Master

Its supposed to be nice, I know of at least a dozen people that I went to school with have gone to New Zealand.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I am not sure 2 is "a lot", not even for wedding bombings in the region.
    The whole point of schoolgirl abduction was i) financially motivated, ii) morally against the education of women.
    Now I am not sure what financial benefit there was or what theological opposition for the bombing was since "normal" weddings as they are the foundation of family life and all that

Also 2008 it was a democratic majority in both the senate and the house, I thought it was the republicans were teh christian extremists...
    At least eight weddings have been bombed since 2001, and the drone program has been intensified by Obama which is one of the things I strongly disagree with. I'm not sure financial motivation was the key one for Boko Haram or whatever they call themselves, as their platform is based on anti-Western education. Highly ironic though when the Koran explicitly states women must be given the same education as men.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

anyone who saw winter soldier....well that is the CIA drone program

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    At least eight weddings have been bombed since 2001, and the drone program has been intensified by Obama which is one of the things I strongly disagree with. I'm not sure financial motivation was the key one for Boko Haram or whatever they call themselves, as their platform is based on anti-Western education. Highly ironic though when the Koran explicitly states women must be given the same education as men.
    So we are talking 0.6 weddings a year, not really a lot... arguably too many.

I know Boko Haram say that they are anti-western education, and as you point out the Koran does state that women should have equal acess to education as men. It is their statement saying that they were going to sell them, which made me think it might be more than jsut a failure to understand their own ideology. Here is their video: [url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-27281315[/url]

8 more: [url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-27294630[/url]
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni