BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 646 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 146546596636644645646647648656696746 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,460 of 10008
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    But if it was a person I'd attempt to ask it on a date so that maybe one day we could marry.
    Dude, don't go all american pie on the ice cream...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Ben & Jerry's Core Ice Cream : You are doing it wrong
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by oni View Post
    People just need to let go of the whole arguing about female Space Marines idea.
    Fixed it for everyone.

Setting aside the seemingly reasonable notion of allowing girls and women to be all they can be, with or without 50 kilos of wolf iconography, how many of these Campaign-Not-Starter-Sets do you folks think GeeDub will aim to get out on an annual basis? Two? Three?

I'm guessing most of us are also assuming that Codex Space Wolves must be making an appearance very soon, any significance to then getting the minis out the door before the book?
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

"I ask the American commentators, please stop announcing that Landon Donovan is the “all-time U.S. leading goal scorer.” He is not. With 57 international goals, he’s not even in the Top Five. The all-time U.S. leading goal scorer is Abby Wambach, with 167 goals, followed by Mia Hamm (158), Kristine Lilly (130), Michelle Akers (105) and Tiffeny Milbrett (100).

In fact, Abby Wambach is the all-time leading goal scorer in the world, among all soccer players, male or female."

[URL="http://jezebel.com/world-cup-soccer-stats-erase-the-sports-most-dominant-p-1601275793"]Erasing women's achievements in sport and what it says about society[/URL].

One of the aspects of feminism I find intriguing is the whole body shape argument. On the one hand, you only get one until someone susses out brain transplants, and you may as well be happy in it. On the other, both overeating and undereating are harmful practices that sometimes point to an underlying psychological reason. As much as a woman is fully within her rights to be herself, there are moments when a loving family has to be able to turn round and say, "look, honey, I think this isn't good for you. We need to talk this over," regardless of how empowered they should feel.

Besides, those pictures are all very supportive of the alternative lifestyles of girls, but what about girls who are genuinely happy in frilly skirts, with flat tummies and knock-out makeup to draw attention? The internal debates with feminism seems to make it out that this isn't what girls won't, and is only ever there because men want it. Some girls genuinely enjoy it, though, and discounting that feels a tad immature.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

female anti feminists, and what a betrayal they are

[url]http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/07/anti-feminist-women-hobby-lobby-decision-great?CMP=fb_us[/url]
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

It's almost like a group covering 50% of the species doesn't all think the same and occasionally has strange people in it. Shocking, I know. I once found an article online from a guy saying chemical castrations on men would solve the world's problems. He had very few supporters.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

[url]http://observationdeck.io9.com/why-must-dudes-ruin-perfectly-good-superheroine-and-act-1601649158?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&ut m_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow[/url]
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by oni View Post
    People just need to let go of the whole, asymmetry in gender roles in a fictional setting is some deep comment or evidence of real life society, idea.
    Fixed it for all of you
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.