BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 654 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 154554604644652653654655656664704754 ... LastLast
Results 6,531 to 6,540 of 10008
    Occuli Imperator

The trouble is that it isn't as simple as what colour you are born. You have cultural asperations that your society places upon you. Then you have the richness of your parents, that then tends to lead into how much parents will invest in you, not just financially, but time and effort. Where you live and what access you have to education, etc.

So is it that black people are paid less, or is it that they have less access to education and therefore are career limited in that sense.

Certainly, South Africa, "appartitide" is abolished, but the structures still exist. But ultimately, it is the lack of education which holds blacks generally back and therefore they cannot get certain jobs and therefore do not have the education or experiance to do those "higher skilled" jobs.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Captain

The Molyneux thing confused me for far too long because there is a really interesting economist with a similar name that does occasional videos and while, like every other human, he occasionally has opinions many would disagree with he's also not showed overt sexism. So I took far too long to realise it wasn't someone doing a weird parody (and not understanding WHY someone would bother and what Frozen had to do with economics).
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    The other issue I find annoying when trying to research this stuff is bias. For example, I tried to look into numbers for the average in the UK of black vs white pay, and how it stacks up.
    [URL="http://www.equalityhumanrights.com/sites/default/files/documents/research/14_pay_gaps_across_equalities_review.pdf"]Here's one for you[/URL].

Yeah, I think there's other factors at play in that scenario than people simply seeing a woman. I don't have the most curvaceous figure.
    But you'll still get the experience of not being seen as a cis-male, so yay..?

With regard to Dale Farm....that case in particular was on account of the Travellers ignoring laws, and a declined planning application.

Strip back everything else, and the same result would have happened. Wealthy white land owners who flout planning regs will also wind up with their building being demolished.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-21064148[/url]

There you go
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

On the issue of privilege and skin colour, here's an interesting one to chuck in the mix.

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-27886925[/url]
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    On the issue of privilege and skin colour, here's an interesting one to chuck in the mix.

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-27886925[/url]
    Yup but something to remember is that white men tend to do better than white women and minorities despite under performing at an academic level, that is part of privilege as well. It is assumed a white man can do is job until proven otherwise, a woman or person of colour has to prove they can do their job and continue proving it all the time.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yup but something to remember is that white men tend to do better than white women and minorities despite under performing at an academic level, that is part of privilege as well. It is assumed a white man can do is job until proven otherwise, a woman or person of colour has to prove they can do their job and continue proving it all the time.

EDIT: You know what, no I don't care, really not in the mood tonight and I've hit my head against this brick wall before
    Last edited by daboarder; 07-10-2014 at 06:36 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    EDIT: You know what, no I don't care, really not in the mood tonight and I've hit my head against this brick wall before
    No we're not moving it to tumblr.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    You could make an argument that ethnic minority parents give more support to their children because they know they have to work harder to overcome their disadvantageous position in life whilst white parents expect to be helped more by the state.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD