BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 716 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 216616666706714715716717718726766816 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,160 of 10008

Yup.

For comparrison, opening weekend of Sex in the City, a film which could not be more aimed at wimmins?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki page for Sex in the City film
    Opening in 3,285 theaters, the film made $26.93 million in the US and Canada on its first day. The three-day opening weekend total was $57,038,404

So, a film not particularly aimed at wimmins, and indeed would be considered by many to be about as appealing to wimmins as Sex in the City is to mens.... And the female take for the non-girly aimed film accounts for 72.5%ish of the fully wimmins film?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

Opening weekends can be a bit confusing since some films can have like 9 day opening weekends so the figures can't be exactly comparable.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Yup and women tend to see the same film more often than men so gender split can change the longer a film goes on too apparently.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Fair point.

But by happy coincidence, according to Wikipedia both films takings are for three day weekends.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I have a friend who's seen it three times so far, so people like him could throw the numbers off a little more. However, it's quite clear that girls enjoy these sorts of movies almost as much as boys, or are at least attending in comparable numbers. What do you think could be done to even out the numbers seen?
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Acknowledge womens existence in the demographic for a start. Hear a lot of stories from panels at cons like SDCC where you will have an audience that is like 45% women and the guys up on stage will be talking like its only white guys who are interested in it. Good female characters which Marvel has already. some ****ing female led films wouldn't hurt. I mean there are like 16 films made/announced now and not one female lead and they have killed off Wasp/Janet van dyne and pissed a whole lot of women off. Other things too I can't think of right at the moment.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    I have a friend who's seen it three times so far, so people like him could throw the numbers off a little more. However, it's quite clear that girls enjoy these sorts of movies almost as much as boys, or are at least attending in comparable numbers. What do you think could be done to even out the numbers seen?
    More female characters. And indeed, more 'minority' characters. Think about it. Iron Man kicked off quite nicely with Rhodey Rhodes and Black Widow introduced and shown to kick arse in the first two films. But, Rhodey was a sidekick to Tony rather than a hero in his own right, and Black Widow? Already fairly well documented. -

And that was it for non-white, non-male characters until Cap 2, with Falcon.....Apart of course from Nick Fury and the under used Maria Hill. Forgot about them. My bad!

Open them up more. After all, everyone has had a super hero fantasy at some point in their lives. Everyone. So share it out. Make it a lot less exclusive.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 08-04-2014 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    44% of the people who went to see a shiny new Superhero movie were devoid of gonads.
    Uh... no.

Ovaries are also gonads.

Devoid of knackers then

And in other news, words actually fail me.

Yep in the US there have been something like 400 bills proposed to regulate womens bodies, a lot of which have been passed and not all are related merely to birth control.

Also Sony might beat Marvel and DC to a [URL="http://www.themarysue.com/sony-female-led-superhero-movie/"]female led superheroine film[/URL]. Good on them!

also: