BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 736 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 236636686726734735736737738746786836 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,360 of 10008

Oh, this being on radial apps like Grindr. I have pretty much given up on it, paints a bad view of the local scene.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Banned

[URL="http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/08/24/star-wars-rebelss-dave-filoni/"]Dave Filoni of Star Wars: Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels fame showing he really gets it re: women fans[/URL]:
    There's the blunt fact that we gave Anakin Skywalker a young girl to be his understudy and that, at the time, could be a challenging thing for fans. But what you're seeing now with women fans is they're being recognized. I don't even want to say "grow." My wife was a fan of things when she was a kid. They just were largely ignored as a group and so it was important to make a character like Ashoka put her boldly out there with guys to see, and say, "She can stand on her own between these two guys who you think of as legends in the Star Wars universe." What's beautiful is that by the end of it, people I knew who were like, "Why's she doing this nickname-y stuff," "why's she like this?" in the beginning when she was a kid, when she matured and she walked away, they were sad to see her go. And now the number one question I get on Rebels is, is she going to come back? That's when I know a character has been successful.

And so when we're creating Sabine and Hera, I feel the same way. It's like, "You have a hotshot pilot Han Solo? Okay, I 've got a hotshot pilot named Hera." And I don't apply any of the things to her...you know, she's not sassy. She's not *****y. She's not any of those things. She's just a badass. She's tough, she's determined. She's all of those things that you'd say, "Let's apply that to Han Solo as a character," and that's Hera. And yet she also has a side where she can be comforting to these characters because she feels responsibility to them. She has a maturity as a character that Han didn't have being more brash. And Sabine was definitely a character attempt to say, "We're doing all these things that are like the 1970s and the Star Wars that I loved, but what about kids today?" Well, they have more dyed hair, they have more punk lip, they tag. So you have to bring in relevant things to kids today and what's shocking is that she's almost the biggest reaction character because she's different. Much as people say, "I want Star Wars that I grew up with," she's proof that they want something new, too, because otherwise the story's not moving forward and you're just recreating, recreating, recreating.

I think she's an exciting, dynamic character now that people wonder, what's she about? Why does she do this graffiti tagging? I think that's when we're doing good with Star Wars and Tia's doing a great job of bringing her to life.
    Hearing this sort of thing is so refreshing. It is about recognising that women are fans and that girls are fans, not just trying to make it appeal to them to bring it in but we are already here and neglected.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    Mate, you're hanging around the wrong gay guys. It's worth remembering that being a member of a minority does not limit a person's capacity for douchebaggery; just because a person has been a victimised doesn't mean they're not capable of victimising others. If they're being like that to you, call them out on it if you feel safe doing so, or just get the f*** out of there if not.
    so true

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post

genius
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Yup, very important to understand too.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Why do these pic collections always have really good messages with badly looped gifs behind them? That said, it's an interesting view on privilege.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Watching BBC News, and turns out the earliest known Train Spotter was a 14 year old girl.

Who knew!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

That's just assuming all fanny's are girls

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Surely, the first person to do train spotting was Richard Trevithick...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    That's just assuming all fanny's are girls
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks