BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 751 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 251651701741749750751752753761801851 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,510 of 10008
    Occuli Imperator

A chap I know who follows JF stated that she has deleted her twitter account. A female (not sure that makes a difference tbh) friend of his then commented "I don't see what the big deal is, if I had a body like hers I'd show it off".

Which is kinda sad as it completely misses the point.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Yep. If a woman wants to show off her body she should be able to, but the whole point with this is that their privacy was invaded, this isn't them showing off their bodies, this is famous women having nude photos leaked and then being shamed for it, it's ****ing disgraceful.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

Exactly, call me shallow but I want to be famous for what I do, rather than what I look like. I might be toned, heavily muscled, obsece or whatever and it shouldn't matter. But then we do live in a society where we value glamour models more than scientists...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Yup and that is the problem with these kind of leaks, because a lot of the women targetted are extremely talented women who should be being celebrated for their abilities not the fact they look nice with no clothes. It's patriarchal attitude to women in a nutshell. We want to see women naked and then we are going to punish women for letting us see them naked even though to see them naked laws had to be broken and their privacy invaded.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Its a result of lack of understanding of technology.
    The people who have had photos stolen haven't actually done anything wrong, beyond trust in "cloud security"
    And the idiot other celebrities mocking them are muppets.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Unfortunately, the only way to make private data secure is for it to never be online.

I must confess though my initial thought was "if you don't want naked pictures of yourself online don't upload them to a cloud" which is something that I do hold to be true, but having said that people shouldn't be actively trying to hack personal accounts anyway.

But we know that they do and the more famous the person the more frequently it occurs I fear.

I mean this is entirely different from when Hayley Williams upload a picture of her topless and then took it down after it was "hacked".

But saying someone shouldn't do something incase someone else breaks the law to do something you find distatesful is a slippery slope argument.

"Someone hacked my photos and made public my naked pics" - "well you shouldn't put them online"

"When I was at the pub, I left my phone on the table when I went to the loo and came back it was gone" - "well you shouldn't leave it out in public"

"When I was shopping someone lifted my wallet from my bag" - "well you shouldn't keep it in your bag"

"When I was walking home someone stole my bag" - "Well if you weren't carrying your bag it would have been fine"

"When I was walking home I was raped" - "Well you shouldn't leave your house".

It is victim blaming. Yes there might be some niavety involved, but that doesn't matter. If people weren't going out of their way to commit a crime then it shouldn't matter how niave a person is.

Chapter-Master

Yeah they're not actually wrong as such.
    They've been let down by a third party.

Brother-Captain

And it is entirely reasonable for someone to think that if they have private cloud storage and they delete something off of it it will be gone for good. Not that it will be secretly stored somewhere without there knowledge and later stolen and sold to the press. That's like someone breaking into your house and going through your rubbish bin looking for private love letters.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Chapter-Master

True, as I'm trying to say they haven't actually done anything wrong.
    But at the same time we know corporations aren't to be trusted, they have previous at both retaining data and poor security.

- - - Updated - - -

no matter how I say that it sounds like victim blaming which i'm not intending it to.

Occuli Imperator

No I know what you mean.

It is like saying, you should be able to leave your wallet/purse/phone on a table when you go to the bathroom and expect that it is on the table when you get back.