BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 755 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 255655705745753754755756757765805855 ... LastLast
Results 7,541 to 7,550 of 10008
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Surely the inclusion of brothels or strip clubs are the easiest (if lazy) way of showing you're in the dodgy part of town? just like film, and television.
    Hang on, WHY? Maybe I'm sheltered, or maybe I'm just going to the wrong parts of town, but in my limited experience if you are near a strip club or a brothel you are in a fairly good part of town. And certainly a part of town that has more cops than the rest put together and no hesitation coming down on you like a tonne of bricks if you try something.

The idea that sexy women = dodgy part of town is probably the most disturbing part of this for me. I haven't actually watched Anita's videos and I rarely play FPS including any of the ones being discussed so just saying this as as outsider.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Chapter-Master

In hitman if you kill anyone but the intended target it has financial consequences which makes purchasing the better stuff to do harder missions more difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    Hang on, WHY? Maybe I'm sheltered, or maybe I'm just going to the wrong parts of town, but in my limited experience if you are near a strip club or a brothel you are in a fairly good part of town. And certainly a part of town that has more cops than the rest put together and no hesitation coming down on you like a tonne of bricks if you try something.

The idea that sexy women = dodgy part of town is probably the most disturbing part of this for me. I haven't actually watched Anita's videos and I rarely play FPS including any of the ones being discussed so just saying this as as outsider.

I think the reason it works in game is because in american TV and Film they're always portrayed as in dodgy areas.
    In reality the only one I can think of is in the city centre next to the students union.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    I think the reason it works in game is because in american TV and Film they're always portrayed as in dodgy areas.
    In reality the only one I can think of is in the city centre next to the students union.
    Wasn't spearmint rhino round the corner from the Rutland Arms, which in itself wasn't one of the more fantastic areas.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

[url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/dont-like-jennifer-lawrence-girls-4145154]a surprisingly articulate outburst from The Daily Mirror[/url]
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Wasn't spearmint rhino round the corner from the Rutland Arms, which in itself wasn't one of the more fantastic areas.
    it was, but bang next to it was the national centre for popular music/ Hallam students union. It was the edge of the remaining industrial sector of the city centre.

Occuli Imperator

I used to drink the Rutland Arms on Sunday evenings and every so often you would get these strange people in. My approach to it was through abandoned industrial units, though I imagine most of them has been converted to student flats.

I think a lot depends on what tyope of establishment the strip joint is. I imagine the more "mainstream"/"chain" types are more central, but then those massage house type ones would be hidden away down back alleys and in areas with much lwoer ground rents
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

I think they're still mostly abandoned.

Occuli Imperator

A friend of mine has her silversmith set up with some others in one.

- - - Updated - - -

There we go, all the silversmiths I know are female...

Chapter-Master

Same, all the ones I know are.

Think they do actually use a lot for artists studios.

Occuli Imperator

How freaky would it be if the silversmith I know is one of the ones you know.