BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 757 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 257657707747755756757758759767807857 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,570 of 10008

Nice, also I don't think it ever refers to you using gendered language does it? Your advisors just talk to you and stuff. don't remember. Do you think she will have an heir? Because then it means the sultana bread.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

Urgh.

I don't know about 2. For some reason I am thinking that the old ones referred to as "leige" but I could be thinking of something else entirely.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I remember being told that since my magic-user’s level title for the next level was “sorcerer,” and not “sorceress,” and there was NO evidence in the rules of female sorcerers, I could NOT gain that level.
    [URL=http://s148.photobucket.com/user/coffeegrunt/media/jszwSUI.gif.html][/URL]
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Loved the first Stronghold. Very fun game!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

woman working at a comic shop gets sacked for complaining about the fact that the back room was referred to as the 'rape room'

[url]http://jezebel.com/woman-discovers-rape-room-in-comic-book-store-is-promp-1630446439?utm_campaign=socialflow_jezebel_faceboo k&utm_source=jezebel_facebook&utm_medium=socialflo w[/url]
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Was about to post this article. F***ing disgusting, yet utterly unsurprising.

'Oh, yeah, we just felt that she wouldn't work out.'

Yeah, sure buddy. And you just know, you KNOW, he's the one who'll get the benefit of the doubt in this, because the burden of proof always falls to the woman. Such epic bulls***.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    [URL="http://beowulf.co.vu/post/96333881971/someone-in-a-thread-over-at-the-pathfinder-rpg"]Source[/URL]. It's funny 'cos I've often thought I'd like to play MtG but everyone I know in person who plays, like in my games group and all, are the borderline ****s that I have less to do with than everyone else. The boys whose behaviour isn't bad enough to get them kicked out but is offputting enough to make you avoid them. always had an all wimmin RPG club so it isn't an issue with DnD and such.
    Most MtG players I've seen at local game stores fall into the hygenic and socially challenged end of the gamer spectrum.

On the other end of the spectrum...

I've also had a longtime friend and awesome vocalist/gm get up, walk to another game and physically threaten to toss a chum-sucking jackhole out of the store for loudly complaining that girls in RPGs were too sensitive and he should be able to play a rapist if he wants to because it's historically viable in a fantasy setting. (Gee, guess how often this dweeb goes on dates?)

Said friend's table was majority women (including his lovely and also-awesome vocalist wife) who were obviously visibly upset at this jerk's comments. The girl at the other table was too shocked to say anything.

People like that have no place in any public setting and should be visibly and loudly shamed for that kind of behavior.

Personally, I think he intervened so quickly because his wife probably would have jumped straight to a violent reaction. Because she rocks like that.

I personally like mtg better when it was new, and didn't draw jerks as much as it seems to now.
    Da CRIB: Chicago Region Infinity Blog
    http://chicagolandregioninfinityplayersblog.blogspot.com/?m=1

Oh I know there are plenty of decent players out there, just wish I knew some.

*sigh*
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    woman working at a comic shop gets sacked for complaining about the fact that the back room was referred to as the 'rape room'

[url]http://jezebel.com/woman-discovers-rape-room-in-comic-book-store-is-promp-1630446439?utm_campaign=socialflow_jezebel_faceboo k&utm_source=jezebel_facebook&utm_medium=socialflo w[/url]
    What wonderful human beings.

quote from the comments
    Shared this with a friend from across the country who actually works at a comics shop and also happens to be black, and has many amusing stories about casual nerd racism. He had a pretty good comment I'm going to paraphrase here.

Him: "Okay, so if my shop had a room that everyone called 'dead ****** storage', think they'd fire me if I complained? No. Because that's ****ed up if you have employees dropping n-bombs casually. Nobody cares if its just a Pulp Fiction reference, you don't say that **** casually, especially around a black dude who's a co-worker you don't really know that well. This kind of the same idea."

Me: "Did that actually happen to you?"

Him: "Yup."

Me: "What'd they do?"

Him: "They fired the guy who named the room that and apologized to me. Which is what should've happened here to that girl."

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Level-headed and considerate comments from a guy on a feminist article? The God-Emperor delivers!

Is it concerning if my store has a couple of people who make rape jokes solely towards other guys?
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.