BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 785 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 285685735775783784785786787795835885 ... LastLast
Results 7,841 to 7,850 of 10008
    Chapter-Master

[URL="http://sageofthebooty.tumblr.com/post/98244928119/miikachu-onlylolgifs-high-five-new-york"]This[/URL] is how you do a prank

[url]https://archive.today/98HzW[/url] <- Emma Watson threat possible hoax? / clickbaiting?
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 09-23-2014 at 04:14 PM.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

If it is a clickbait hoax I hope they get sued into oblivion.

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    If it is a clickbait hoax I hope they get sued into oblivion.
    confirmation

[url]http://www.rantic.com/[/url]

Is there a state by state map eg? what singles this particular state out? Also only one clinic is ridiculous for something that size.

Well if they want to shut down 4chan good for them, better ways to do it without threatening to leak nudes of a celebrity talking about feminism.

No idea, that one just popped up on tumblr last night. Probably something someone should put together.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Fair enough, probably someone that lives there.

Chapter-Master

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2014/09/19/hope-solo-and-the-domestic-violence-case-no-one-is-talking-about/[/url]

The opposite side of inequality. There are certain crimes where males are heavily prosecuted while females receive far lighter punishments. Sex with minors and domestic violence are at the top of the list. I have actually seen audiences laugh out loud when males claim to be the victim of domestic violence perpetrated by their female partner.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

That article is extremely disingenuous and downright silly at times. for a start, one player being alleged to have committed domestic violence is in no way comparable to the NFLs long, proud history of covering up the sexual assaults and domestic abuse if its players and still letting them play. Second, no one is pretending domestic abuse is a male-only issue, but men are MUCH more violent, you compare the injuries of domestic violence victims by gender and there are nearly no serious injuries inflicted by women but vast numbers inflicted by men. One of the NFL players was video taped knocking out his fiance out ad dragging her unconscious body for gods sake. You want to hold female athletes to the same standard first of you all you need to ****ing have a standard and enforce, the NFL is only now trying to grapple with this problem and only after video evidence merged which they couldn't ignore.

Should she be suspended? Maybe. But trying to act like there is some kind of double standard when NFL players have been getting away with this for years or decades is just stupid. Not to mention actors, athletes from others sports, politicians etc. who have been convicted of domestic violence and had it have no impact on their career whatsoever. The only double standard is that a woman alleged of a crime is being used to argue tehre is a double standard while decades of men have got away with doing worse.
    Last edited by eldargal; 09-26-2014 at 02:50 AM.

Do you ever think you'll stop drawing fanart? No offense it just seems like the kind of thing you're supposed to grow out of. I'm just curious what your plans/goals are since it isn't exactly an art form that people take seriously.
    Ah, fanart. Also known as the art that girls make.

Sad, immature girls no one takes seriously. Girls who are taught that it’s shameful to be excited or passionate about anything, that it’s pathetic to gush about what attracts them, that it’s wrong to be a geek, that they should feel embarrassed about having a crush, that they’re not allowed to gaze or stare or wish or desire. Girls who need to grow out of it.

That’s the art you mean, right?

Because in my experience, when grown men make it, nobody calls it fanart. They just call it art. And everyone takes it very seriously.
    It’s interesting though — the culture of shame surrounding adult women and fandom. Even within fandom it’s heavily internalized: unsurprisingly, mind, given that fandom is largely comprised by young girls and, unfortunately, our culture runs on ensuring young girls internalize *all* messages no matter how toxic. But here’s another way of thinking about it.

Sports is a fandom. It requires zealous attention to “seasons,” knowledge of details considered obscure to those not involved in that fandom, unbelievable amounts of merchandise, and even “fanfic” in the form of fantasy teams. But this is a masculine-coded fandom. And as such, it’s encouraged - built into our economy! Have you *seen* Dish network’s “ultimate fan” advertisements, which literally base selling of a product around the normalization of all consuming (male) obsession? Or the very existence of sports bars, built around the link between fans and community enjoyment and analysis. Sport fandom is so ingrained in our culture that major events are treated like holidays (my gym closes for the Super Bowl) — and can you imagine being laughed at for admitting you didn’t know the difference between Supernatural and The X Files the way you might if you admit you don’t know the rules of football vs baseball, or basketball?

"Fandom" is not childish but we live in a culture that commodified women’s time in such away that their hobbies have to be "frivolous," because "mature" women’s interests are supposed to be caretaking, via marriage, children, and the lives of those within an imagined (generally nuclear) family unit: things that allow others to continue their own special interests, while leaving women without a space of their own.

So think about what you’re actually saying when you call someone “too old” for fandom. Because you’re suggesting they are “too old” for a consuming hobby, and I challenge you to answer — what do you think they should be doing instead?
    The gendering of fantoms is fascinating. Just think about how sports fandom permeates our culture, with their cosplay and swag, then come at me and tell me discussing/critiquing/podcasting about media is weird.
    This reminds me of that time I had a troll pestering me for a few days trying to tell me that my life was sad because I spent my time “examining [Doctor Who episodes] in excruciating detail.” Because when a guy examines a TV show and writes about it, it’s a proper episode review, but when a girl does it, she’s just a crazy fangirl on Tumblr.
    [URL="http://whovianfeminism.tumblr.com/post/98431130732/do-you-ever-think-youll-stop-drawing-fanart-no"]Source[/URL].

- - - Updated - - -

Also:

[URL="http://comicsalliance.com/why-big-superhero-muscles-arent-the-same-thing-as-sexy-curves/"]Why big superhero muscles aren't the same thing as sexy curves[/URL]

Really good article, read it.

Rogue's scenes are being added back into Days of Future Past for a special edition, to be released next year.

Saves me buying the 3D Bluray in November.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Gunna be honest, her trying to say fanfic/fanart is a female-only thing is pretty unfair. I know many, many guys who do that sort of thing, especially when I use to follow Bronydom, they were easily a majority in that fandom.

As well as fan music. I think people see it as a sad obsession, rather than a gendered issue. They're introducing gender where there is none.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.