BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 792 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 292692742782790791792793794802842892 ... LastLast
Results 7,911 to 7,920 of 10008

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I disagree with every part of that
    Yeah, I personally find Jimmy Carr hilarious. He's had some great quips on shows.

Next to Russell Howard he fades into the background, sure, because Russell Howard seems to think that if you shout bad jokes loud enough, they'll become funny...
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

gender in sport, and the issues surrounding the fact that gender is not a simple binary of male/female

[url]http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/29446276[/url]
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Time for my daily dose of family heritage... off to youtube for some bagpipes!!!

On a deadly serious note, with so many sexual assaults coming down to he said she said, how does 'yes means yes' change anything?
    It prevents just that where the victim is asleep, drunk, high etc. It sets out that you need a Yes, rather a No.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

There are an alarming number of cases where it comes down to "Well she was too drunk to remember, so how do you know it was rape?" With that ruling, 'she was drunk' isn't a defence, it's actually proof that yes it WAS rape.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    gender in sport, and the issues surrounding the fact that gender is not a simple binary of male/female

[url]http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/29446276[/url]
    Really horrifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    There are an alarming number of cases where it comes down to "Well she was too drunk to remember, so how do you know it was rape?" With that ruling, 'she was drunk' isn't a defence, it's actually proof that yes it WAS rape.
    Rape is the only crime where a confession can get you acquitted. 'Yeah but we were both drunk/she led me on/etc.'
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Also the only crime where saying how tempting the target was is a defence.

"I mean how could I not rob that shop, they kept opening the till and flashing all that money around I couldn't help myself!"

Yup, that too.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    Yup.

And to my mind that's precisely how it should be.

Let's take 'pick-up artists'. AKA men who go after drunk women, because they're easier, as alcohol lowers inhibitions. You do that and stay sober, you might as well just slip them a roofie.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Everyone should read this excellent academic article on the Mens Rights movement, its not at all hard to read and really, really great. It looks at the history of the movement, how it started as feminist-allied men trying to free men from patriarchal values too and how it has ended up being a complete illogical, contradictory travesty and how that in turn fuels their anger against all the things. Read it, seriously.

[URL="scholars.law.unlv.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1465&context=nlj"]White Men as the New Victims: Reverse Discrimination Cases and the Mens Rights Movement[/URL] (pdf) by Bethany M. Coston & Michael Kimmel

cross 248 reviews from 28 companies, managers, whether male or female, gave female employees more negative feedback than they gave male employees. Second, 76 percent of the negative feedback given to women included some kind of personality criticism, such as comments that the woman was “abrasive,” “judgmental” or “strident.” Only 2 percent of men’s critical reviews included negative personality comments.

The study speaks to the impossible tightrope women must walk to do their jobs competently and to make tough decisions while simultaneously coming across as nice to everyone, all the time. But the findings also point to something else: If a woman wants to do substantive work of any kind, she’s going to be criticized — with comments not just about her work but also about herself. She must develop a way of experiencing criticism that allows her to persevere in the face of it.
    [URL="http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/28/opinion/sunday/learning-to-love-criticism.html"]Source[/URL]

[URL="http://www.npr.org/2014/04/22/305814367/evidence-of-racial-gender-biases-found-in-faculty-mentoring"]Evidence Of Racial, Gender Biases Found In Faculty Mentoring[/URL]