BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 799 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 299699749789797798799800801809849899 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,990 of 10008

How much do you like your job? Hehe.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I like the paycheck a lot, and the dolphin-saving aspect. :P
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post

Small text I know, but funny.
    She's clearly a feminist, any one whos watched the program can see that.

I also want that comic made into a game, it looks hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Well there's a link that would get me fired if I clicked it. :P
    click it, I've got a friend with a marine biology degree and no marine biologist job

Though that wont necessarily help you...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Oh I'm not a Marine Biologist, otherwise I wouldn't have a job. :P

Chapter-Master

lols

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Why #gamergate is important
    Fun fact: Morgan Ramsay, founder of the Entertainment Media Counsel, [URL="https://storify.com/MorganRamsay/how-often-do-video-game-journalists-write-about-fe"]did an objective study of how much of gaming journalism talks about sexism or social justice[/URL].
    To do this, he downloaded 130,524 articles from 37 RSS feeds of 23 outlets, including The Escapist, Rock Paper Shotgun, CVG, Edge Online, Eurogamer, Gamasutra, Game Informer, GamePolitics, GamesBeat, GamesIndustry International, GameSpot, GamesRadar, IGN, IndieGames, Joystiq, Kotaku, Massively, MCV, NowGamer, PocketGamer.biz, Polygon, Shacknews and VG24/7, published over a period of twelve months. He then did a search on how often these games articles mentioned sexism, feminism, or misogyny.
    The result? Over a period of one year, 0.41% of 130,524 articles referenced feminism, feminist, sexism, sexist, misogyny, and misogynist explicitly.
    That’s less than half of one percent.
    So next time you hear someone whining that “feminism is taking over video games journalism”, what they’re actually whining about is that feminism exists in video games journalism.
    [URL="http://feministbatwoman.tumblr.com/post/99679076752/zennistrad-themundanematt-why-gamergate-is"]Sauce[/URL]

This bit is interesting:
    Top 10 Most Progressive Video Game Media Outlets by Overall Contribution (12 months)
    1. The Escapist - 0.071%
    2. Gamasutra - 0.061%
    3. Polygon - 0.048%
    4. Kotaku - 0.038%
    5. Rock Paper Shotgun - 0.027%
    6. GamesIndustry International - 0.024%
    7. Edge Online - 0.018%
    8. IGN - 0.018%
    9. VG24/7 - 0.015%
    10. GamesBeat - 0.015%
    Kotaku is regarded as the worst offender by misogynist ****boys but it's actually ranked 4th overall and 10th by individual output:
    Top 10 Most Progressive Video Game Media Outlets by Individual Output (12 months)
    1. Edge Online - 2.06%
    2. Gamasutra - 1.88%
    3. GamesIndustry International - 1.20%
    4. Rock Paper Shotgun - 0.93%
    5. The Escapist - 0.86%
    6. Polygon - 0.57%
    7. GamePolitics - 0.52%
    8. GamesBeat - 0.51%
    9. Pocket Gamer - 0.43%
    10. Kotaku - 0.39%
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

"Sir we lost the platoon. All our men are gone."

A lone camouflaged fedora is seen in the distance.

"Not all men."

Bahaha.

As one barbarity is fought, [URL="http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/india-rape-crisis-sees-mob-castrate-alleged-sex-attacker-shocking-scenes-1469424"]another one arises.[/URL]

I can't really comment on this with any certainty on whether I feel it was the right or wrong thing. We've all heard the old chestnut from people saying rapists should have be castrated, but vigilante mob justice is not a good replacement for policing, tighter regulation and awareness.

That said, it's a sign of a strong sentiment of rape being utterly unacceptable in India. I suppose a strong message is what the country needs, and perhaps beyond India's borders, too...

Iron Father

If he did do it, ****ing serves him right. Won't be doing it again will he.
    Last edited by Deadlift; 10-13-2014 at 03:14 PM.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk