BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 808 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 308708758798806807808809810818858908 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,080 of 10008
    Banned

I don't think EG's ever said that there is not need to call game journalists to account for corruption, nepotism and all that. I mean game journalism has basically been a corrupt joke since the mid 90's.

The issue is that the gamergate "brand" wasn't started to address those issues. Notice the difference in how female game devs who have been harassed have reacted (ie going to the police, publishing articles - sometimes with names redacted - and saying "this is not cool and people shouldn't do that") vs gamergate which started as a private attempt to harass a man's ex starting with a lie about her gaining favourable reviews through sex.

This is an example of the discussion: "Next time she shows up at a conference we ... give her a crippling injury that's never going to fully heal ... a good solid injury to the knees. I'd say a brain damage, but we don't want to make it so she ends up too retarded to fear us."

Also those who came to her defense were also targeted such as developer Phil Fish, who was doxxed after speaking in support of Quinn, with many of his personal details and documents relating to his company Polytron exposed in a hack that led him to sell Polytron and leave the gaming industry. Also keep in mind the threats have been deemed credible by the FBI and many people (mostly women!) have gone into hiding over them, had to put their families in hiding.

From Gjoni:

"If I could go back in time and tell myself not to do this. I wouldn’t. That is, I wouldn’t tell myself not to. Because it’s for the best. Regardless of how the outcome is actually getting painted. As this giant harassment campaign against women filled with all sorts of death threats. On the ground the movement isn’t barely like that."

Meanwhile Brianna Wu and her husband were forced to leave their home after being threatened extensively and doxxed.

Some of what Anita Sarkeesian gets:

Also keep in mind that [URL="http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/09/new-chat-logs-show-how-4chan-users-pushed-gamergate-into-the-national-spotlight/"]the entire campaign was designed to be an obfuscation of their attacks on female journalists and industry figures[/URL] and even created groups and fake accounts on twitter [URL="https://storify.com/strictmachine/gameovergate"]to support the harassers as a screen[/URL] and get honest people to support them:

So if you want to keep believing gamergate is anything to do with actually reforming gaming journalism I don't know what to say.

Chapter-Master

because theres the exact same abuse going the other way?
    And the moderates on the GG side seem a lot more reasonable than the you're with us in everything or you're against us attitude the antis have.
    That attitude does more than anything else to put people off.

Also the twitter cap is questionable due to seeing it seconds after its tweeted while not logged in? How does that happen?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Banned

Moderates on the GG side supporting a movement that set out to harass, discredit, abuse and destroy women. Right. Gotcha.

For some reason I don't really find supporting them a particularly "moderate" stance.

Also go to [URL="https://twitter.com/stephenfry"]this twitter[/URL] (assuming you don't have one) - if he tweets seconds before you see it you'll see a tweet. And won't be logged in. Also maybe she saw the tweets on her phone as they were coming in and went to her desktop to screenshot them and isn't logged in there? And what of the rest of the threats - the threats that started the gamergate "movement"?

The threats of mass shootings and bombs delivered to people's families the FBI sees as real?

What of the fact that the "moderate" part of it was designed as a smokescreen to hide this abuse? How can you defend it?

Chapter-Master

I only have one to hold my name.

The threats could be from anyone, come they're on essentially anonymous internet sites, the guardian report even said there was no mention of gg in the mass shooting threat.
    I don't defend harassment. I just think theres more credibility in the issues surrounding the corrupt press than the idea of its a harassment campaign against women.

All i want is to escape reality with my sandbox games

- - - Updated - - -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	190.5 KB 
ID:	11531
    If anyone needs me I'll be in the throne room of my happy place (minecraft)
    Long live the glorious nagash supreme lord of the undead and immortal king. Emotionally imparred autistic with a tendency towards obsessing on near useless topics like dinosaurs

Chapter-Master

I really don't get minecraft.

I can build whatever I want out of eight bit blocks that scale to being 1m cubed, that's minecraft
    Long live the glorious nagash supreme lord of the undead and immortal king. Emotionally imparred autistic with a tendency towards obsessing on near useless topics like dinosaurs

Chapter-Master

yeah I know that, it just sounds like work rather than a game...

Chapter-Master

[URL=http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/KirstenIGMB/media/B0JB-aaIAAAHDxT_zps5e0a924d.jpg.html][/URL]
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Is that a female Samurai?