BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 916 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 416816866906914915916917918926966 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,160 of 10008
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Used to be 'merican TV was considered inferior to British but the opposite is now true.
    Really?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Yup, easily. US TV has much more variety and diversity in every way and the quality of acting and writing has improved dramatically too. We still have fantastic writers but we create very samey shows and samey characters and have them doing samey things.
    Which isn't to say we don't still produce some excellent shows.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

We must have seen very different imports.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Yep, not just talking about the stuff we get broadcast here, those are usually fairly pedestrian choices by our channels.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

UK still does the best Kids telly by a country mile.

Well. Beeb does at any rate. Actual proper shows and dramas - not hideous stage school overreactions to everything.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

certainly a couple of years ago Britain exported more tv shows around the world than America did as well, which always surprised me. I expect they still do now
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

[URL="http://www.cracked.com/article_21910_8-ways-legal-system-screws-rape-victims-like-me.html"]http://www.cracked.com/article_21910_8-ways-legal-system-screws-rape-victims-like-me.html[/URL]

Interesting read that goes over a few points previously raised in this thread.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Apparently, The Sun dropping Page 3 is to appease all those Nundreds and Nundreads of Muslamicrayguns who have been demanding it publishes on Halal paper and confirm to Shialabeouf law.

Well, according to mindless, not doubt bullnecked bigots on Twitter and that.

Nothing to do with it being rather outdated, and not something most want to see in a family newspaper - including Rupert 'what's morals then?' Murdoch of all people!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

It's funny how the papers that used to publish topless page 3 girls were also the first papers to launch into public morals crusades whenever it suited them.

Unrelated:
    Quote Originally Posted by pg. 148, Society: The Basics by John J. Macionis
    "Abortion has not always been so controversial. In colonial times, midwives and other healers performed abortions with little community opposition and with full approval of the law. But controversy arose about 1850, when early medical doctors wanted to eliminate the competition they faced from midwives and other traditional health providers, whose income came largely from ending pregnancies. By 1900, medical doctors had succeeded in getting every state to pass a law banning abortion."
    [URL="http://the-feminist-fangirl.tumblr.com/post/108694138036/pro-choice-or-no-voice-lycanthropuppy-so-i"]Source[/URL], with link to the actual book on google books before anyone starts whining about tumblr as a source.

Chapter-Master

glad to see the end of Page 3, hope it stays gone. there have been comments from glamour models popping up around the place saying they liked getting topless photo shoots etc. great, nothing wrong with being glamour model or getting your boobs out, but we don't really need to see it in a 'news' paper.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.