BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 927 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 427827877917925926927928929937977 ... LastLast
Results 9,261 to 9,270 of 10008
    Chapter-Master

aww, poor men
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

[URL=http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/KirstenIGMB/media/mermaid_zps21797449.jpg.html][/URL]

Chapter-Master

Would the salt water not be quite damaging to your hair?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

not to mermaids, because magic

the virgin table
    table most likely to go on a killing spree
    The biggest ego but smallest dick table
    OK, no, stop.

Stop with this whole using “virgin” or “well you must have a small dick” as a way to insult misogynists.

Because all that does is reinforce the idea that men’s status comes from the size of the genitalia and the number of their sexual conquests.

This isn’t a matter of “oh, well, you have to be nice! Nobody’s going to listen to you if you yell at them or insult them!” This is literally a matter of saying stuff like that being counterproductive.

When you say stuff like “lol look who has a small dick” or “found the virgin” or the above comments, the message you’re sending is that the person making the misogynist comments is unimportant and doesn’t need to be listened to because they aren’t able to sleep with/have not slept with a lot of women.

You are literally making THEIR argument for them.

You are implying that women’s value comes from their sexual availability to men and that men’s value is earned through their position in the competition to women.

There are valuable critiques of this idea to be made— you can talk about how this social construction, the idea of toxic masculinity, etc., does lead to problems and, yeah, does lead to killing sprees when (white) men and boys feel as if they haven’t gotten their “due” (their “due,” of course, being access to girls and women, especially sexually). But that is a very, very different thing from insults that simply reinforce that social construction.

I get it, I really do. We’re all a part of the same culture, so telling a guy he has a small dick as an insult just seems “natural.” But it’s not, and it’s harmful on multiple levels.

tl;dr: insulting guys by calling them virgins or saying they have small dicks reinforces the idea that men’s power comes from their conquest of women and is therefore ultimately conterproductive and harmful to women so seriously please stop it. oh also it’s not cool to call people dicks in general because it’s casually cissexist.

#stop calling guys virgins and telling them they have small dicks as insults 2015
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Remember folks. You can't just not insult people because it's a dick move....nope you have to have your own agenda behind it....

We now return you to your regularly scheduled sexism bigotry and a dash of racism
    Last edited by daboarder; 02-01-2015 at 01:48 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

bartender hold the sexism and give me a misanthropic garnish.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    [URL=http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/KirstenIGMB/media/mermaid_zps21797449.jpg.html][/URL]
    Let's see. I see your mermaid and raise you a Medusa!

no periods
    no pants
    snake hair
    you get to lure men to their deaths
    plus
    never having to worry about 'perfect hair' or makeup for that matter
    your own island
    immortality
    Gorgon stare
    blood that transforms into giant scorpions

Chapter-Master

snake hair sounds like more hassle than normal hair though. turning men to stone would be cool, but I wouldn't want to do it to everyone...

Chaplain

Easily fixed, veil. Or maybe sunglasses.....