BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 951 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 451851901941949950951952953961 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,510 of 10008

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    So how about someone who feels incapable of raising the child, for any given reason?

You don't like the idea of abortion - fair enough.

But claiming therefore nobody should have the option - yeah, not so much.

And one would think a Doctor who performs abortions might just be a valid authority on the subject?
    Adoption exists, you know. Plenty of folks who'd love a kid but can't conceive one. (Like same-sex couples, for example, especially men. As pointed out repeatedly, those guys can't get themselves pregnant, so they'd need to adopt.)

And doctors are just like anyone else, if they can get money, they'll try to get it. If we've shown anything here, it's that people are awful.

And I haven't said people shouldn't have the option. By all means, the option should be there. I just said it's a reprehensible act to kill a child when there's other options. I think people should also have the option to smoke cigarettes, but it's still an awful habit that will wreck your lungs (and those of anyone near you when you're smoking, unfortunately). I'm sadder about abortion because in that case you are harming someone else and that goes against my view of people doing what they want so long as they don't hurt someone else, but they'll do it anyway, so might as well have clinics you can make sure are clean.

You seem to have some twisted view that trying to convince people abortion is undesirable is "taking away the option." Perhaps you feel that anything you find distasteful must be banned outright, an idea that is perpetrated by modern political parties and the media alike. I don't think that way, though.

It's so ironic that there's a movie called "50 Shades of Grey" coming out and it seems most people can only see black and white.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    And one would think a Doctor who performs abortions might just be a valid authority on the subject?
    Doctors in the US have followed the 'make mo money' model and pretty well chucked the hypocratic oath.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Adoption exists, you know. Plenty of folks who'd love a kid but can't conceive one. (Like same-sex couples, for example, especially men. As pointed out repeatedly, those guys can't get themselves pregnant, so they'd need to adopt.)
    It does exist but the process in the US is extremely expensive, invasive and unbelievably long. If new parents went through a similar process before being allowed to have a child we'd see birth rates near zero.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Brother-Captain

Giving up a child for adoption is actually really tricky in many countries, because for some reason the government thinks that the biological family is the best choice and won't let a child be adopted until every member they can find has rejected them. Also I'm increasingly irritated that you seem to think carrying and birthing is a walk in the park. Death is apparently a sufficient reason for you to 'allow' an abortion, but suffering nonconsensual permanent body modification is not? Suffering pain for months is not? Losing your job and being in financial hardship is not? Those are the costs women pay for carrying a pregnancy to term against her will.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Chapter-Master

especially in the US with their lack of maternity leave and third world mortality rate in child birth.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/09/saudi-women-drivers_n_6649896.html?ir=Women&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg 00000046]Saudi Historian Says U.S. Women Drive Because They Don't Care If They're Raped[/url]
    According to this Saudi idiot, women should not be allowed to drive because if they drive their car might break down. And if their car breaks down wild rapists will ambush them and then they are no longer pure muslim women.

Also he claims that for western women being raped: “It’s no big deal for them beyond the damage to their morale.”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    especially in the US with their lack of maternity leave and third world mortality rate in child birth.
    I'm honestly not sure if that is sarcasm or not. I know of several US women who were fired for being pregnant and of bosses not wanting to hire women because they might get pregnant, but I cannot comment on survival rates. I do know that giving birth there without medical insurance is hideously expensive though.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Chapter-Master

How civilised.

'Murica. Land of the free, rich, white males.

Everyone else can just do as they're blimmin' well told.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

It was an exaggeration, the death in child birth is on a par with the middle east, two to three times higher than pretty much anywhere else in the western world.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Most employers (and citizens) in the US are completely put off by people at work having babies. Having babies is just not acceptable for those who care about their career. There has been a little progress on changing this up but there is still a long way to go!

As for the poor showing with mortality, our broken medical system and discombobulated social structure play a pretty big roll in that one.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Most employers (and citizens) in the US are completely put off by people at work having babies. Having babies is just not acceptable for those who care about their career. There has been a little progress on changing this up but there is still a long way to go!

As for the poor showing with mortality, our broken medical system and discombobulated social structure play a pretty big roll in that one.
    Yup and it's onl women who pay the price, studies have shown that mens pay goes up after each child they have while women's goes down and promotion offers evaporate. Because women are still expected to be primary caregivers and men are still expected to put their career first even when they don't want too. The MRAs blame feminists for that because they are ****ing slack jawed morons.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!