BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wraithguard are infinitely awesome at assault. It takes very special units to be able to deal with them quickly and easily - either poisoned melee, rending, or monstrous creatures seem to be the only thing that can destroy a full unit of them quickly. This makes them excellent at grabbing midfield objectives against an assaulty army.

While I haven't seen much in the way of Tau armies at my FLGS, I am certain they are coming and I am concerned with how I will handle all the longer range S5-7 shooting against my two 10-man Wraithguard squads. At first I thought breaking them in half and sticking them in Wave Serpents, but I have my doubts about how long those would survive, too.

If Tau are the paper to the Wraithguard rock, what else might be?

Ok so im pretty much set on the Second list from my original post however. Those 2 big blocks of Wraithblades has me thinking.

I cant afford to squeeze in or change the numbers in the list however I can still change unit composition of those 20 Wraithnouns. My options are...

2x 10 Wraithblades (as is, with axes)
    2x 5 Blades + 2x 5 Guard
    2x 5 Blades + 1x 10 Guard
    2x 7 Blades + 1x 6 Guard
    2x 6 Blades + 1x 7 Guard

The common theme you may spot is always 2 units of Blades. This is a must as they are bodyguards for 2 Wraithseers (runes of battle were made for Wraithblades imo) but I feel theres too little range in my list, even if it is only 12" range, and spreads out to give me more scoring units.

Im leaning towards the 2x7 + 1x6 because that way, I can judge the scrnario and my opponent and decide wether I need two units of Flamers burning up the field in Transports, or if id be better suited getting the Wraith cannons in range etc.

So any thoughts
    Last edited by Sonikgav; 06-06-2013 at 06:23 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12