BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default KrewL's Word Bearers and Deamons

My old thread was getting a bit messy, so I am going to start a thread for each army I am working on. I went into no blog mode as I adjusted to my new place. Things are starting to settle down now and the hobby mojo is coming back strong... so I'm back! Nothing fun has been going on in the Tyranid world, so Chaos has grasped me and all things unholy swarm my hobby table.

After reading the Word Bearers Omnibus, I have a better idea how this chapter operates, and thus redoing and revising my Host's fluff. I got so many ideas for the tabletop! The 6th edition allies rules was enough for me to start on Chaos Marines, as I have always wanted them to fight alongside real Daemons and not those lesser/greater turds in their old Codex. My Hosts unique trait is that a lot of the members are possessed by Deamon's.

I have been wanting to make something big again. The fantasy Zombie Dragon was on sale and combining the bits of that and the Maulerfiend, I can create two unique mechanical hellspawns. I'll reveal the "Helbat" when I get more work done on it, so right now the Maulerfiend gets the spotlight.

I did an experiment to my Soulgrinder with "battle damage" and it turned out better then I expected. The way I constructed this Maulerfiend is to take advantage of my battle damage mechanic, hence the 4 legs. Removing the powerfists on two legs would make the model look a little awkward! I also want to make it look less "Dinobot" and more like something you would see in DOOM. With the magnets and assembly done, its onto a metric crap-tonne of sculpting work!

I did the battle damage thing to my Helbrute too. The idea hit a bit late when the model was already assembled and painted! I had to carefully chop the arms off and greenstuff over the damage.

My Daemon Prince's sculpting is almost done. I still have work on the arms and legs. I had a weird idea with the chest cavity to reflect back on the death blow the mortal marine was delt before he ascended (in this case, the Dark Apostle, and he ascended with the Host's Crozius, represented with the Black Mace's rules).

Now here's something tricky and I don't know the answer fluff wise. If a Dark Apostle ascends to Daemonhood and continues to rule the Host, is he still considered the Apostle or is he above all that? Does the First Acolyte take the role of Apostle if not?

Here is said character of that role, my counts as Huron Blackheart. I wanted something more powerful to represent a Word Bearers Apostle. I converted the model enough to make him look different, yet you can still tell its based on Huron. With the Crozius ascended with the Daemonprince, this guy as other ways to show his power. You can see he's a bit possessed, and when he chants the foul litanies of Logar, those words can radiate with so much power it manifests into random effects (Huron's random spell ability). Even his shadow seems to be alive... (combat familiar).

Last edited by KrewL RaiN; 05-31-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Chaplain

This is a repost of the other Word Bearers stuff from my old thread.

This is the Coryphaeus (Lord) of the Host. He will have some Raptor company eventually. He also has a small pack of Warptalons under his wing. I added the Plasma Pistol back on later, as I want to be crazy and run the Raptors with Plasma Pistols too!

This strange warrior (Biomancy Sorcerer) is the leader of the Chosen (I have to retake the photos of them). He has some unusual powers that's allow him to reshape flesh. His spell familiar is rather unique, as it sucks the brains out of an unfortunate victim, turning them into tougher ghoul like creatures who are forever under his command. Those 3 Ogryn (Nurgle Chaos Spawn) are some of his finest work!

Last edited by KrewL RaiN; 05-31-2013 at 10:59 AM.

Chapter-Master

What are the bodies/legs of the spawn from? I've got loads of spare arms and heads, and want more spawn but don't want to pay as much
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    What are the bodies/legs of the spawn from? I've got loads of spare arms and heads, and want more spawn but don't want to pay as much
    They are the Vampire Counts Crypt Horrors and the tails are leftovers from the Screamer kit.

Chapter-Master

Hmmm...£29 for 3 torsos or £25 for 2....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Scout

love the zombie dragon and the greenstuff useage!

Chaplain

A little update. Borderlands 2 has stole all of my attention as of late, so hobby stuff has been slow lol. We are having a little league with the focus of getting models done. You get tickets for a draw as you progress on your minis. I skipped out on the 500 points since that didnt interest me, but now that its 1000 points, I made a list with the focus of getting models done.

First up is my Portalglyph. No photos of the sculpting since its really busy to begin with. This is what my mind came up with, an obsidian ring etched in demonic fire runes. The center melts away into a demonic looking maw. The forms of many Daemons are pushing and shoving each other as they try to materialize into the mortal realm. The paint is not finished, I still have to do the final detailing. It's just a drybrushed colour block right now.

And next is my Nurgle Harald. He is oozing with the theme of 3 lol. His third arm holds his walking stick, as his bloated leg makes it difficult for him to walk normally. Thus he is usually riding on his palanquin, which is a rock from Nurgles garden carried by a bunch of Nurglings, who slimed themselves together around the rock. He is magnetized so he can be placed on foot too.

I also have a bunch of Plaugebearers and Nurgling's on the go as well.

Lovin' the glyph, the Daemons look good as a writhing, fiery mass.

Chaplain

This was an afternoon of tedious painting, but its done!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

stolen, just soooooo stolen.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast