BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UrielVentris View Post
    Eldar are a scalpel army. Always have been. Meq groupthink won't work on this one fellas.

Move, shoot, run. This is something no ones talking about. Sure you might roll a one and not run as far as you want. Point being you can shoot and scoot around corners. Peppering your enemy and ap2ing people hurts, you'll need to cut them down a few at a time.

Psychic goodness. You'll get many chances at the different powers, and if you take a Varried list, you'll just have to slot in your seers in different spots. Again, not a problem for a smart player not using a sledgehammer army.

Bs4 to everyone. Enough Said

War walkers w missile launchers will be a good alternative to the fighters if you so desire. 6 guided sky fire shots a turn isn't bad.

Reapers come in bundles of 10 is awesome plus they have 2 missile types now.

Phoenix lords o.o Asurmen looks beast, and the banshee one should be able to cut through termis nicely.

Sad that swooping hawks can't assault flyers, would have made them worth taking.

Overall I like the book. Is it easymode like neurons or grey knights? No. It's for smart people.

I think eldar will pester the hell out of the 'top tier' codexes. Only time will tell though...

This is an excellent summary. One thing though, Swooping Hawks:

- Don't scatter upon deep striking. Need to be behind LOS-blocking cover or on top of an objective? You can do it with 100% reliability now.
    - Have an AP4 large blast grenade pack now that ignores cover and only scatters d6. Goodbye Tau Pathfinders.
    - The Exarch's gun forces blinding checks. Lights out, BS1 Riptide.
    - Got +1 shots
    - Got cheaper
    - Still have Haywire grenades to mince heavy vehicles in assaults.

They actually seem pretty good to me now and worth their points. If they have a drawback it's that they compete in the FA slot with borderline-OP Warp Spiders

Mind explaining the Warp Spider comment?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Hello, we're the Tau Empire.
    which unit could do that?

As to warpspiders they basically move to where they want and then shoot a swarm of S6/7
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Ethereal power: Zephyr's Grace, the unit may shoot immediately after making a run move.

Fair enough, that's cool, didn't really read them much, and now I am away from my 'dex.

Chapter-Master

Fire Prisms don't combine fire anymore.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Ethereal power: Zephyr's Grace, the unit may shoot immediately after making a run move.

Fair enough, that's cool, didn't really read them much, and now I am away from my 'dex.
    Eh thats the new rules, fair enough but my original point stands,

If you want to B*tch about a codex atleast know how it works/has worked before you do.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Mind explaining the Warp Spider comment?
    Let's see.

- Deep Strike
    - Assault 2, S6 rending, monofilament so higher S on occasion and AP1.
    - 6+2d6 move phase
    - Run+shoot or Shoot+ run in the shooting phase.
    - Move another 2d6 in the assault phase

They're ridiculously agile and mobile and they hit like a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Fire Prisms don't combine fire anymore.
    And they're better for it.

I have two thoughts. The first is that it's a beautiful book full of fun things.

The other is that Eldar are going to be trolling every other race out there, used well. The profusion of Pinning, Rending, Bladestorm, Monofilament, Blind, and psychic powers they can put out, while running hither and yon is, well... I look forward to learning how to use it all properly.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Eh thats the new rules, fair enough but my original point stands,

If you want to B*tch about a codex atleast know how it works/has worked before you do.
    What? That was unprovoked.
    When exactly did I b*tch about the Eldar Codex? I said it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by cebalrai View Post
    Let's see.

- Deep Strike
    - Assault 2, S6 rending, monofilament so higher S on occasion and AP1.
    - 6+2d6 move phase
    - Run+shoot or Shoot+ run in the shooting phase.
    - Move another 2d6 in the assault phase

They're ridiculously agile and mobile and they hit like a truck.
    Well that's summed it up nicely, now I just have to work out how to make them look good too. xD
    Thank you, as explained, I didn't really look at them.

Chapter-Master

What? That was unprovoked.
    When exactly did I b*tch about the Eldar Codex? I said it was great.
    Sorry TDA, that was a general "you" not a "you" specifically.

Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast